• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Tablet Freezing Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been having problems with photoshop freezing for the last several months. Ill be in the middle of working on something, pop over to a web browser or discord etc and come back to photoshop and the interface is completely frozen, I can still move the cursor around the screen using the track pad but tablet no longer can move the stencil for whatever tool  i had open, the program is nonresponsive and i cant save or close without opening the control panel and forcing a shut down-ultimately losing some level of progress. I have now noticed that it seems to happen when reconnecting my tablet after it goes idle and shuts off, after it runs out of battery and I plug it in and sometimes itll happen while Im literally in the middle of working. There are no crash reports since it just locks up and doesnt ever crash.

I have tried reinstalling photoshop and tablet several times and both are currently up to date and I dont work in large document sizes.

I have a Gigabyte laptop

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60 GHz

16 gb Ram

GTX 970M

Found some other people who have described a similar problem but they didnt find an answer either.

Wacom Intuos tablet freezes Photoshop

Help would be greatly appreciated - I have lost so much progress in my work collectively over the last several months.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grizzlll,

We're sorry to hear about Photoshop freezing, could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Could you try reverting back the Wacom drivers to a previous version and see if it helps?

You may also try creating a news user account on the computer temporarily and try running Photoshop on it and let us know if it helps with the issue.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exactly have the same issues too. Both on my personal computer and my office computer that are CG production level.

I've been having this issue for several weeks. both PS and tablet driver are the latest version, but it still freezes. T___________T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I noticed this behavior after upgrading 5 x machines to windows 10 with windows INK.

Here is the solution I found on youtube that was super helpful. I hope it help you as well.

thanks

John

Fixing All Issues with Your Wacom Tablet and Photoshop - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same persistent issue... it is solved by lifting my stylus off the tablet then back down. No idea the cause or how to fix it permanently. It's just now habit for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stephen, I have found if I place my mouse too close to my Wacom stylus a problem will result, either one won't work or neither will work. Two tools and one job conflict. Best of things, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines