Highlighted

What has changes in the way brushes behave between CC19 and CC20

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed CC20, and the brushes behave completely differently than I'm used to (specifically Soft Round brush). No matter what I do, the brush strokes are extremely defined, making painting gradients impossible. It's also impossible to dodge and burn in a subtle way. 

Has something been changes in the way brushes paint onto the canvas between cc20, and every other version previous to it?

Is so, is there a way to get the brushes behaving more like they used to?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What has changes in the way brushes behave between CC19 and CC20

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed CC20, and the brushes behave completely differently than I'm used to (specifically Soft Round brush). No matter what I do, the brush strokes are extremely defined, making painting gradients impossible. It's also impossible to dodge and burn in a subtle way. 

Has something been changes in the way brushes paint onto the canvas between cc20, and every other version previous to it?

Is so, is there a way to get the brushes behaving more like they used to?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Are you using Windows Ink? 

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, my system specs are as follows:

Windows 10. Windows Ink disabled. The screenshot is the absolute default settings for Photoshop - nothing changed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot/s in the browser, not as email-reply. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks, as already stated, it's a totally default installation, so there's nothing in a screenshot that's going to tell you anything. 

I'm going to look elsewhere for a fix, thanks for your time!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is moving away from Win tab and urging people to use Win Ink.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 1