• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What this mean? "could not rasterize because the pixel data for this layer is not"

Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've taken a color picture and made it black and white by doing the following: Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Hue/Saturation. I brought the saturation down to -100.  The pencil is selected and my foreground color is black.

When I try to select the flowers in my picture to bring out their color (within the black and white image), I get a circle with a black line thru it and the error message "could not rasterize because the pixel data for this layer is not directly editable".  The steps I followed are working for most of my team but some of us are getting this error message.

Any idea why and/or how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

You might have the adjustment layer selected, but not its mask.  Make sure you select the mask to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have the adjustment layer selected, but not its mask.  Make sure you select the mask to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you!  I didn't have the mask selected. So once I did select it, the color came thru like magic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much! ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you select the mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just by clicking on the mask itself. It is the black or white icon in the Layers panel next to you picture icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines