• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Adobe start listening to it's customers? & Slow Photoshop v2021

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 release. Well, not much has changed in regards to performance. It's a little faster than v2020, but some actions take a good while to complete. I know i'm not alone so please don't say it's my system/configeration or any fault of my own, which happens a lot here.

I wish I could give praise, but I just cannot. So here's why:

• Photoshop is still very laggy and slow, even on a very fast machine. Issues that I thought were fixed from 2020 are still present in v2021
  • No support for .webp or .avif though these have been asked for for many years, especially .webp (though I use a plugin to resolve the issue) it should be native to the Cretive Cloud suite
  • Not Photoshop, but when are you going to allow us to save the Ruler in Illustrator. So tired, year after year having to manually turn on Rulers.
  • Stop blaming your users for problems they have. I red 30 posts before posting this, 23 of them blamed the end user and you could see that it was NOT theirt fault or their equipment. Just perople who's systems are working fine blame the user. Just because you don't have an issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist for others. No one persons configeration is the same
  • Still no decent 4K UI improvements - Just try running Dreamweaver on a 4K monitor
  • Creative Cloud App is bloated and slow, every boot it won't load and why no Dark Theme? My eyes need to last a lifetime, not be blinded when I need something from the app

So, Photoshop 20201. It gets very laggy, slow and some proceses take up to 10 mins to complete. This is on a clean install of Windows with a fresh install of all the updated apps. Windows 10, 64bit 5.3ghz processor, 64gb ram, and 2 x nVidia RTX 2080 Ti's with 1gbps internet speed, so there should be no issues with these specs. I might as we be using a system with 8gb ram as thats the kind of slowness we're getting.

Lastly, the Creative Cloud App. Still bloated and as buggy as ever. Rarely starts without issues and it needs a dark theme. Screenshots below.

So when will you, Adobe, start listening to your customers?

MMK1123_09-10-2020.pngMMK1123_24-10-2020.pngMMK1124_09-10-2020.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An ability to edit our posts would be good too, I can't seem to find an edit button here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has so many customers and so many request and so many bug reports it is impossible for them to handle them all they are busy collecting customers money.  Adobe does listen when there are many customers shouting the same thing volume helps and sometimes Adobe does take action.  Adobe does not blame users for problems they know Photoshop is their and they are responsible they may try to cloud the cloud some with a bit of BS. It dos not work user know better. Adobe even provide places like the toe let user vent their frustration.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

With regards to Adobe listening to their customers, all you need to do is search here and see that they don't. Many old issues come up, time and again, year after year. If Adobe listened to us, these issues, problems and feedback, especialy when it comes to features like .webp, Illustrarotrs Rulers and 4K adoption would be resolved, but years later, they still exist. They may seem simple to some people, but for those of us who rely on different file formats, it causes us extra work to then go and convert files, or mess around turning on Rulers, EVERY TIME. With each new release, we look forward to these issues being addressed. For 17 years I have officially requested the Rulers setting. 10 years for .webp adoption in Photoshop and Illustrator. I know hundreds of others in my field of work who have also requested features, yet they never happen.

This forum is also riddled with users haveing slow Photoshop issues for the last few versions. Most having very fast computers, clean installs and yet nothing is done. I submitted 3 offical support requests this year, not one Adobe Employee replied. Yet they take my money every month, just like you said.

But look through this forim. You'll see many Most Valuable people as well as Adobe staff blaming the end user. Don't take my word for it, just reat a lot of the problems people are having and then read how the blame is put back on to the user.  My last post a few weeks ago, some guy told me it was my configeration or my internet connection. He knew nothing about the issue and because he had no issues, so blamed me. So I know this first hand.

But you are correct. Adobe cant answer everyones posts here, but paying over $50 a month and not getting any official support is bad business, and with that, I'm sure you will agree. So I come here to vent my frustrations in hope that other people who have the same or other issues will know that they are not alone, and there are many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Adobe cant answer everyones posts here"

Adobe don't really answer any post here, this is a user to user forum, ACP's and MVP's are users just like yourself who volunteer our time to help users on the forum.

If you really want to vent your frustration to Adobe you're in the wrong place, the Adobe Feedback Forum is the place to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines