Highlighted

Where has the speech bubble gone in Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.2

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just selected the custom shape tool. The dropdown custom shape picker give me folder options for 'Leaf Trees', 'Wild Animals', 'Boats' and 'Flowers' only. I don't use any of these but used the speech bubble all the time. Now that I have upgraded to 21.0.2 it's gone. Is there a way to get it back?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe added the Shapes Palette in PS 2020 moved Shape management from the preset manager to the shapes palette.  Shapes Palette supports groups of custom shapes and the ones you are looking for are in the legacy groups  you may need to include form the Shapes Palette fly-out menu

image.png

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where has the speech bubble gone in Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.2

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just selected the custom shape tool. The dropdown custom shape picker give me folder options for 'Leaf Trees', 'Wild Animals', 'Boats' and 'Flowers' only. I don't use any of these but used the speech bubble all the time. Now that I have upgraded to 21.0.2 it's gone. Is there a way to get it back?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe added the Shapes Palette in PS 2020 moved Shape management from the preset manager to the shapes palette.  Shapes Palette supports groups of custom shapes and the ones you are looking for are in the legacy groups  you may need to include form the Shapes Palette fly-out menu

image.png

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2020 3
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I doubt I ever would have found it without your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are people with a student account not allowed legacy shapes, because I cannot find it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 0
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look in the Shape Palette fly-out menu?

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super big thanks to you. There is absolutely no way I could have figured this out. I am new to photoshop and was working thru a tutorial and it did not match this recent change.

Also, you don't need to have had photoshop before to access the "legacy shapes and more" and even when you get there be prepared to dig through stuff to get to it. 

They certainly made it harder.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to do above, found the legacy shapes and more but nothing happens when i click on them. Help, I need the speech bubbles

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, clicking on legacy shapes doesn't seem to do anything

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and exactly how does one find the way to this magical sounding place called the "Shapes Palette?"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2020 menu Window>Shapes

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, many thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another stupid idea from Adobe. Many people used the speech text bubbles, but I'm pretty sure not many will use the tree, animal, boats or flower shapes. Is there a way to discard those shapes so that only the speech text bubbles appear (the way it used to be)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tack så väldigt mycket. Nu hittade jag de gamla formerna! .Det är ju för min del ytterst sällan man behöver använda formen av en chimpans eller koala. 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0