Highlighted

Where is fade over distance option on brush in CS6 ?

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ever since I was with CS6 I havent been able to find the option to set a brush to fade out over a certain distance. there was both the ability to alter the diameter over the distance as well as reduce the opacity, so one could do 100% 20px to 5% 4px for example.   another way was [ bracket to lessen diameter whilst fade distance had been preset.   Where is that option ?

Without a wacom pen, doing such for blades of grass or oil streaks etc is not possible.

Cheers

Merlin

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where is fade over distance option on brush in CS6 ?

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ever since I was with CS6 I havent been able to find the option to set a brush to fade out over a certain distance. there was both the ability to alter the diameter over the distance as well as reduce the opacity, so one could do 100% 20px to 5% 4px for example.   another way was [ bracket to lessen diameter whilst fade distance had been preset.   Where is that option ?

Without a wacom pen, doing such for blades of grass or oil streaks etc is not possible.

Cheers

Merlin

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Brushes panel (or the Brush Settings panel in recent versions) , under Shape Dynamics,  set the Size Jitter control to Fade (for fading the size), and under Transfer, set the Opacity Jitter control to Fade (for fading opacity).

For both, set the actual Jitter to 0%, if you just want a fade with no jitter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Brush panel. Then click on Shape dynamics to control width  (or transfer to control opacity/flow) then set Control to Fade

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines