• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the bracket on a french extended keyboard?

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, like you know, using the brackets [ ] while using some paint tools in Photoshop is pretty useful (like to resized the tool brush). Unfortunately, I can't find a way using those brackets. I have an MAC French extended Keyboard. The brackets are under the 9 and the 0 on the keyboard. But within Photoshop, can't find a way to use those two characters. As long as I pressed the ALT key, the color selection is selected. It's pretty annoying as I always have to get to the brush menu to adjust my brush dimension. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like the standard AZERTY layout.  Alt Gr accesses the blue characters.

AZERTY - Wikipedia

It's in the same place on extended AZERTY keyboards

http://www.ibt.ca/v2/items/btc5121w/images/azerty_1.jpg

[EDIT]  I'm thinking that's going to be a pain considering how often you'd need to use the square brackets for brush sizing, but there are several options.  A Wacom Intuos (or whatever they are calling it this week) can change brush size with the Express Wheel, and indeed, can be programmed to output any character.

You could use a Gaming Mouse like the Razer Naga which has 12 programmable buttons.  You could set two keys to adjust brush size.

You could change your keyboard.  I use a QWERTY Logitech G910 which has nine G keys in three banks, so 27 in all.  These are context sensitive, so can be set to different functions for different applications.

The other option is a Gaming keyboard, which is an additional keyboard on which every key is programmable with keystrokes or macros.  I have just ordered a Razer Orbweaver that has 20 programmable keys plus an 8 way thumb switch and two further switches/buttons.  The button above the thumb switch is used to switch between any os as many profiles as you want to set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Trevor for all your nice ideas / alternatives. But it's hard to think that there's no other way I can't use those two keys as is within Photoshop without having to acquire other stuffs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines