Highlighted

Why can't I find the Spot Healing Brush?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the "Spot Healing Brush" on my PS CS5.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Trevor.Dennis | Adobe Community Professional

I came in with CS2 so you should have it.  Have you twirled out the flyout?

SHB.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why can't I find the Spot Healing Brush?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the "Spot Healing Brush" on my PS CS5.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Trevor.Dennis | Adobe Community Professional

SHB.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SHB.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

The tab on each tool would not open up with options.  I clicked here and there, deadly mistake, so now the tools panel is gone and I can't seem to figure out how to reinstate it.  Will contact a local friend and hope he can help.

Thanks for your reply.

Bob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tab toggles all the panels on and off.  You can use the f key to toggle through the screen modes, but if you are in a mode that hides the panels Escape brings them back again.

I am sure we used to be able to tun the Toolbar on and off with the t key, but that no longer works with CC (and I don't how far back).

So long as you can see the Options bar, you can use the Workspace dropdown and reset your workspace.  That will fix things no matter how confused things have become.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor.  I got the panels opened again and they have 3 or 4 options on each tool.  I clicked on "window" and at the bottom of the many options was "tools" which I clicked on and I'm back in business.

Bob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, I saw your screenshot of the tool bar but my tool bar does not look the same.  It does not have the pop out when I click or scroll over the Healing Brush. Are there tools I have to load?

Adobe PS Screenshot.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy

The answer is in the post before yours.

If you switch workspaces, to one of the presets, Photoshop changes the toolbar to match.

Switch back to the essentials workspace. To do that, at the top right of the options bar click the down arrow and choose essentials .

If that does not recover - then reset the essentials workspace  using the same menu

Note - you can also reset the toolbar from menu Edit - Toolbar

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  I also just found that clicking and holding makes a whole secondary list appear.  You advice will be helpful for me as a learn PS. 

One other question. Do you know any reason the healing brush will not work properly?  Perhaps I should look for a new form but if you know a quick answer it would help. When I hover over the area I want to copy and press "option" and click, the cursor changes and appears to copy the content, however when I click and try to paint the area I want changed, nothing happened. The cross hairs appear, but there is no change in color. Am I perhaps in some mode that will not edit?  I am zoomed in very close.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you healing onto a new separate layer ? If so, check the options bar for the sample - try setting it to "all layers"

Also check the mode : set it to normal

If neither work for you please post a screenshot which includes the image the layers panel and the options bar

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.  I have normal set, but under sample it says, "Current Layer" and it is greyed out so I cannot change it.  I have not added any new layers.  (Am I showing myself as a newbie to PS yet?) Should I add a layer?  Sorry if I am too elementary in my knowledge of PS.  It is not as intuitive as I had hoped.  Screenshot 2017-10-07 08.39.37.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see why that would be greyed. Can you show your layers panel?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes me think the background or some layer is locked. Too often that's what doesn't allow me to do stuff...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A locked background layer shouldn't grey the sample options on the healing brush. The only time I see them grey is with no document open

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, but found a different solution... My workspace was set to 3D...Apparently switching to the Essentials workspace adds the spot healing brush tools...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines