• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WIA scan stuck on Legal size

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just got a new HP OfficeJet Pro 7740, which is a "wide format" printer and scanner.  It handles Tabloid/Ledger/A3/11x17 paper.  When I try to scan into photoshop through File>Import>WIA Support... it has a default, greyed out page size of Legal 8.5 X 14 inches.  My sketchbooks are all 9x12 and my comic work is all 11x17.  I'd also like to raise the default DPI from 300 to 600.  Is ther any way to change that setting? I've spent half an hour exhausting my Google-fu and I'm stuck.

WIA problem.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows scanner interface (WIA) has always had a lot of limitations. It's probably intended for standard office use.

The scanner should come with its own standalone software for more advanced options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed an Epson V550 flatbed scanner and am having similar problems under Windows 10 in Photoshop using the Import via WIA support. There is an option in that process to change the DPI of the image, however, changing the DPI changes the resolution of the image (pixel count) but all images show as being 72 DPI.

Several years ago when I had an old Epson Perfection scanner running under Windows 7 in Photoshop, I did not have this problem when importing images into Photoshop from the scanner.

Yes, I can achieve the desired results by using the supplied Epson software, but that's not the point. Changing the DPI of a scan is not an unusual or exrtaoridinary fuction of scanning images, so I don't understand why it's not supported in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Previously there was the TWAIN plugin, which allowed the native scanner software to operate inside Photoshop. TWAIN support was finally dropped because it was very unreliable and caused crashing east and west.

But it was still the native scanner software operating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines