• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will CC signup void my Windows PS CS6 ?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read this in some other forums.  Is it true that my Windows CS6 license will no longer work if I:

1. Sign up for a CC subscription    or
  2. let my CC subscrion lapse then I will also lose PS CS6

thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you sign up for a CC subscription, CS6 will be considered part of the subscription and you will not need the serial number.

If you let your CC subscription lapse, you will need to have the installation files and serial number in order to reinstall CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add what Barbara said, I would deactivate CS6, otherwise, once CC takes over, your original installation of CS6 might count as one of your two allowed installs. Best play it safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one "deactivate?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though the help menu in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Broke my Perpetual CS6 install. CS6 failed to work correct and CS6 Updated would always fail.  I was able to use my CS6 DVD to back level the broken CS6 13.0.1.3 that now reported itself as version 13.0 to  working CS6 version 13.0.  I was then able to use CS6 update to update CS6.  It was updated to CS6 Extended version 13.1.2.   I had Perpetual CS6 Standard version 13.0.1.3  installed before Creative Cloud Broke perpetual CS6.  The are a few differences between CS6 13.0.1.3 and 13.1.2  Old plug-ins that work in 13.0.1.3 do not work in 13.1.2.  There is a scripting bug I reported in 13.0.1.3 that is fixed in 13.1.2. standard 13.0.1.3 became extended 13.1.2.  You win some you lose some. 

Also if you un-install CS6 you will need your DVD to install it the creative Cloud installer now only install the late two versions of Photoshop. I do know if CS6 Update will still worm.  You should be able to download the perpetual cs6 updates an]d ACR 91.1.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Chuck said, it is a good idea to be caucious.

I have both CC and CS6 installed on two computers (my desktop computer and laptop) and am able to use both without problems. When I switch from desktop to laptop or visa versa, it's a nuisance, but I temporarily deactivate one of the computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines