• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Ink messing with brush shape

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having trouble with my brush settings in Photoshop. I am using a Wacom tablet Intuos BT S and Photoshop 21.2.1 on Windows 10. I have the same problem as the person here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-change-brush-settings-please-help/td-p/9812422?page=1

They said their answer was Windows Ink but did not say how they managed to fix the issue. 

I have already tried putting the text document with UseSystemStylus 0 in the Adobe Settings folder. I have unchecked use Windows Ink in my tablet properties for all apps. I tried using Powershell like the correct answer states here https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/windows-ink-and-wacom-brush-tool-moves-screen-like-hand-too...

I am currently doing a online tutorial with the artist's provided brushes I downloaded. My brush remains like a sausage shape rather than a nice calligraphic one like hers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not try to use WinTab with your Pen uset INK with PS2020 version 21.2.1.  Adobe broke Photoshop Wintab in version 20.1.  Tools will work wacky with WinTab support  Make sure use Windows Ink is checked in your Wacom Preferences for Photoshop.  The Preference in PSUserConfig.txt does not seem to matter in PS2020 version 21.2.1  WinTab support is broken.

image.png

In that thread you posted a link to I think the user may have been turning Shape Dynamics in the Brush tool option bar with their pen. That is why you see the two different Brush previews.

Other user have been reporting weird selection being made with the marquee section tool.  I have recently update to the latest  Wacom device driver and have seen this with my mouse after using my pen switching to the pen stop the weird section problem and when I switch back the the mouse the problem did not re-surface. 

Getting back to the brush tool here is what switching Shape dynamics on and off looks like.

ShapeDynamics.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, JJMack. 

My brush does not change when I click shape dynamics. Changing brush settings also does not work, I have tried all of them. Thanks

Brushes.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not Perfect it sometime messes up. However in your screen capture Photoshop is not seeing you have a pen note the little warning triangle next to control you do not see that in my Gif  Photoshop seen my pen.  Do you have your Pen device driver configured to use windows INK with Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.1?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the driver on my tablet and Photoshop. I don't know how to configure the pen device driver to windows ink. I tried googling it but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If should use INK by  default. Pen mapping

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have that enabled. The warning triangle is there because it says that in order to use pen pressure, I have to have a pressure sensitive tablet which I do not. When I turn it off my problem is the same. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm confused now do you have a pressure sensitive pen?

image.png

image.png

If you do not have a Pen the triangle is not going away and the brush preview will not change  to  pen controlled brush preview. You need a supported pen device to enable control. I never understood what fades did I did mot see any fade, and I do not have a dial.  layer three require a pen

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines