Workspace Gone after Update March/26/2019

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me hours to build my workspace the way I needed. Now after an update on March 26th (2019), my workspace is completely gone. Not only undone. GONE.
I didn't press the TAB key or any other. I simply closed photoshop and when I opened it again (after the terrible update) the workspace was gone. Tried to change the workspace and come back, it doesn't work. Restart the workspace, no. Restart Photoshop, no.
And I thought that I should trust Adobe and that update would be a good thing. Won't be making that mistake again. Adobe keeps messing up the apps with update that only makes things worse. Now I have to spend hours to make things right again. Thank you Adobe for messing up with my workflow again. You can keep your messy updates to you now.
Photoshop.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always have more that one version If Photoshop.  Adobe Keeps  on Updating Photoshop and adds new features and often introduces new bug in the process. Have an Old version  of Photoshop installed that you can fall back on. In Case Adobe brakes something in Photoshop you depend on.

What level is your CC 2019 my install shows its is level 20.0.4 dated Feb 27, 2019 Creative Cloud desktop does not show me the is any newer Update available. If you saved you workspace as a new workspace it should be in your User ID Application data space for CC 2019 in folder

C:\Users\(your user ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\WorkSpaces\

Did You save your Workspace ?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that after you rebuild your workspace to your liking that you save it. Had you saved it before you did the update?

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. I saved my workspace long time ago. Request to have two versions of Photoshop at once is ridiculous. Why should I?

Isn't it the best image editing software in the world? It is, I agree. But why the heck can't it even save my preferences during update?

My guess is because they are monopolist and they really don't care so much as in the old days... It never happen before switching to "cloud" type of software (I use Photoshop since 5.0 version, yes, 5.0 not CS5 ;P).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience. I chose 'save' at the prompt before upgrade to 2020 and it still didn't save my workspace. So irritating. Went back into the old versions folder as suggested by JJMack but they were all modified during upgrade. Will try to report it through proper channels when I have a chance but too irritated at the moment. And so I vent ... 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue, after upgrade my photoshop workspace is all messed up.

Photoshop opens up full screen, all tool panels are floating all over the place and will not go inside the photoshop window frame, very annoying, anyone know any fixes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I HATE ADOBE - hate them with a passion !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines