Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Elements 2020 Not Responding

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

The above software is now freezing and failing to respond. I am basically attempting to add more media to complete a short film. The software loads up and allows me to select the media (MP4 files), transfer to project assets, then when I move clips to the story board the loading screen appears and after about 12% it stops, freezes then fails to respond. I have allowed the programme to run to see if it will operate but it just freezes and when I exit a message confirming that an encountered problem has been reported to microsoft.  I have also tried a complete restart to the movie and the same things occurs, I have ran malware and scan checks for any rogue files and found nothing. When I am running the programme there are no other apps running.

My PC is operating windows 10 and is up to date.

Can anyone explain why this expensive software has started crashing?

Can anyone help or advise on how this problem can be rectified or how I can get a refund?

Thank you for any help. Cheers 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to my reply recent reply, one of the issues could have been the graphics card.  Mine was not supported according to the program.  I updated the card as much as I could but it was never going to do accelerated rendering, or what ever the term was.  When you click on the "Learn More" in the General Prefences and select "Hardware" (I think) it pops up a window that states the computer graphics card does not support "accelerated rendering" or whatever the term is and then as you navigate you get to a web page that gives us a list of "supported" graphics cards.  I shopped and shopped for a supported card but I got more and more frustrated at the idea of having to buy some hardware that I didnt know would work or fix the freezing.  Plus the cost was at least the cost of the program in the first place and could end up being triple the cost of the program depending on card availability.  Adobe should give us that information when we are evaluating the Premiere Elements program.  Corel did provide that information and my existing graphics card is supported so that clinched it.  

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had almost similar problem with APE21. Solution: I tested seperately all MP4 files from the storyline and the first one didn't run even in my W10 22H22 mediaplayer. So, the file is someway damaged or othewise unstandard. I downloaded it from YT and have not yet figured what is the problem. So, APE21 is ok, the problem was the MP4-file. Mikko Hamunen - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines