• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements 2024 and earlier - Shadow/Highlight - very slow encoding

Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've notice that exporting video is VERY slow when I use Shadow/Highlight effect in my project. 

Example:

Duration of the video: 5min 10s

Export time without any effects: 7min (Render at max depth)

Export time with only Shadow/Highlight effect applied: 49min!!! (Render at max depth)

https://youtu.be/s_9FCMKwjig

I need to use that effect in my videos and I want to get max quality and that is why I use "Render at max depth" but the export time very long just for only one effect applied. It means that it would take 2.5 hours to export 15min long video. And there is no hardware acceleration such as NVEnc available in APE 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Input video is 5min 19s long, not 5min 10s as I wrote in the previous post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to add that CPU usage during that slow encoding is rather low. Please see the image:

CPU Usage slow encoding.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines