• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not importing with video clip

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased and installed Premier Elements 2018.  When I import AVCHD (.mts) files recorded with a Canon Camcorder, the video appears fine, but the audio portion disappears.  The audio is in the file, and plays fine in in a separate  play program.  Any ideas what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely your camcorder is set up to save your audio as AC3 Dolby Digital files, an audio format not supported by Premiere Elements 2018.

This should not be a problem if you are running the program on Windows 10, which provides support for this audio format.

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 7 professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dougd97937084  wrote

Running Windows 7 professional.

You have three choices:

1.  Upgrade to Windows 10

2.  Buy Premiere Elements 15 from a retailer that still has that "old" version.  Try eBay.

3.  Use other software than Premiere Elements 2018 that still has full Dolby support.

FWIW, I am disappointed in Adobe for removing the Dolby/AC-3/Blu-Ray capability.  It seems wrong to me.

Bill

https://vimeo.com/billsprague

https://billsprague.myportfolio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines