• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio track not uploading in Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Elements 2020 to create my videos. The majority of the video clips I am using come from my camcorder Sony HDR-CX625. All this has been working fine untill ...

Some clips from my camcorder loose audio when uploading them into the Elements video editor. There is an audio track in the project timeline but no sound in it. After some checking I found out that the problem started with a video clip shot on 31-08-2022 and ended 24-10-2022. Between those 2 dates I shot about 300 video clips with my camcorder and they all have the same problem.

When creating a project in Elements, I can have clips with and without audio side by side.  The clips from between the two dates above have no audio, all the others do have audio in the project timeline. 

I do not recall to have changed any setting in my Sony camcorder.

When running the problem clips with e.g. Windows media player directly from my harddrive  there is audio. 

Following has already been checked/done: 

Tried different ways of uploading the clips in Elements, did not help

Got in touch with Sony support, they responded it is a Adobe Elements problem.

Got in touch with Adobe support, they checked settings of my Elements, everything ok. Because of "good" and "bad" clips being side by side in a project, the settings of Elements should be ok. Together with the agent I converted some problem clips with "Handbrake", "wondershare uniconverter" and "VLC". The converted files had the same problem. Except for VLC, there was audio coming into Elements but the whole clip was out of sink between video and audio and the video was trimmed. 

Anyone who can help me with this? 

Thanks 

Leen and Frans

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

The good news!!!: problem solved, the audio uploads in PRE 2020 as normal, also with the problem clips. 

The not so good news: I do not know how the problem was solved. 

The only thing that happened was that when booting my laptop this morning it did a check/repair of the C drive (on which I have the Adobe software).  Though the problem was not fixed immediately, only a few hours later. 

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help, best regards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I forgot something important. I installed the trial version of Elements 2024 and there the audio of the "problem" clips is being uploaded as normal. 

I am not planning, as for now, to upgrade to 2024 also because I  had problems with the 2021 version, the video editor crashed on my laptop. I might have the same with 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that your video is being recorded with 5.1 audio, which Premiere Elements does not support well.

To see if this is the case, open your camcorder video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this report and paste it to this forum. With this detailed report we'll better be able to advise you how to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steve, thx a lot for the help, below the text copy: 

General
Complete name : D:\Video's\_Video Source Files_laptop\__test Adobe\clips audio not ok\MAH06406.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Sony PSP
Codec ID : MSNV (MSNV/mp42/isom)
File size : 4.60 MiB
Duration : 13 s 440 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 870 kb/s
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Encoded date : 2022-08-31 10:47:20 UTC
Tagged date : 2022-08-31 10:47:20 UTC

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=6
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 700 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 16.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.117
Stream size : 4.33 MiB (94%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : xvYCC
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 209 KiB (4%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve may see something in your MediaInfo but I do not.  Would you please share one of your 'problem' files so that I can try it on my system?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do share a file with Bill. He may see something I don't.

But is this video directly from that Sony Handicam HDR-CX625.? I wonder why MediaInfo indicates it to have a Sony PSP codec!

How did you transfer the video from the camcorder to your computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, yes this video is coming directly from my Sony Handicam HDR-CX625, I get xxxxx.MTS and xxxx.mp4 extension files and I always use the mp4. I always use Adobe Organizer to transfer the files from the camcorder to my computer. So same procedure for the files of which audio is ok as files with the problem audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just checked, the "good" files also have a Sony PSP codec format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,  thx for the help, this is the file of which I sent the Mediainfo. The sound in there is background noise but what happens is no different from spoken language; it all disappears when loading it into Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I had no trouble using the file in a Premiere Elements 1280x720p25 project.

I'll be interested to see what Bill sees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, may be you are using Elements 2024? When using the file in Elements 2020, no audio. When using the file in 2024 (I have trial version) everything ok. Of the 300 problem files I have, I tested about 50 both in 2020 and in 2024; all have the same outcome as with the one I uploaded. Problem in 2020 and ok in 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience as Steve.  I tried it in 2022 and it works fine.  Will you please try checking your Audio Hardware Preferences.  Try "No Input".

BillSprague_0-1702911164134.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, I have it on "no input".  The Adobe agent suggested that also, but did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was using version 2024. But I've also tested in on version 2020 and it still works fine on Windows 11 with Project Settings 1280x720p25.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10. Had project on 1920/1080p30 and changed it to 1280/720p25 but did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news!!!: problem solved, the audio uploads in PRE 2020 as normal, also with the problem clips. 

The not so good news: I do not know how the problem was solved. 

The only thing that happened was that when booting my laptop this morning it did a check/repair of the C drive (on which I have the Adobe software).  Though the problem was not fixed immediately, only a few hours later. 

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help, best regards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution is a great solution, leen. Glad you're up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Steve says, that's great news.   In a forum like this it is hard to pinpoint odd, unusual issues.  We always assume there is a problem with one of the software pieces.   We tend not to want to see or accept hardware glitches, but they happen.   You may be in the market for the always awkward disk replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines