• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio waveform in preview monitor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to view audio waveforms in the preview monitor in Premiere Elements 2018? I'm running Windows 7 on a 64-bit laptop PC. I accidentally saw a waveform in the monitor, but I've been unable to replicate it. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the Preview Monitor do you mean the main playback Monitor panel at the top of the program or do you mean the Clip Monitor that opens when you double-click a clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clip monitor. Nomenclature is not clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I've seen a waveform in the Clip Monitor is when I've opened an audio only clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you nailed it, Steve. I see a waveform in .wav audio files. It's a shame Premiere Elements 2018 doesn't include that option in the video/audio clips. It's such a no-brainer to have this feature that I'm really disappointed it's not there. Thank you for showing me the light.
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark this question as correctly answered, Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Thank you for clearing up the audio waveform issue. I appreciate the personal attention you’ve been giving me.

I used to be a technical editor for several high tech magazines and manufacturers. I know how fast and hard you guys work. Third-party documentation has to be better than the native documentation.

FWIW, I’ve given your book 5 stars on Amazon.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Tom! It means a lot that my books are helping people with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines