Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVCHD files are missing audio track

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have downloaded trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 and when I import AVCHD .MTS files it does not show audio track, it shows video track only. These AVCHD files are from SONY camera HDR-CX450. I have Windows 7 HP, 64-bit, RAM 8 GB.

When I import mp4 files from my mobile or XAVC mp4 files from the same SONY camera, audio tracks are visible in Adobe Premiere 2018. Audio is also visible in my previous version - Adobe Premiere Elements 11.

Interesting is that I think it worked fine the first day but on the second day when I wanted to spend more time with it, there was one popup to install some update for Adobe Premiere 2018 and since I installed it I could not see that audio... I have absolutely no idea where the problem is. Thank you for help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Here's the deal:

Starting with Premiere Elements 2018, Adobe has moved to native OS support for AC3 audio decoding. That support in Windows systems only comes with Windows 8.1 or later. Unfortunately, Windows 7 lacks native support for AC3 decoding (or more specifically, requires the installation of third-party decoder software to enable such audio support). You see, Adobe had been supplied an AC3 encoder/decoder from a third-party redistributor in previous versions of its software product, and t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is interesting:

I checked the system specs at the back of the box in which Premiere Elements 2018 came in and my system matches the specs: win7, AVCHD import and more. So according to these specs it should work on my pc.

(if I know how to post a picture in this thread then I can show it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in Dutch but I hope is is still possible to understand.  Syteemvereisten = System requirements.

20180326_001540.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik kan heel goed Nederlands lezen.

Deze hoesjes waren veel eerder geprint dan Premiere Dolby schrapte.

Maar ook op de website staat het zo.

Ik blijjf het zeggen je beste optie is Windows 10

of je camera op pcm zetten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just called Adobe Support about this issue and they confirmed me that the issue is already highly escalated and that Adobe is working on it. A fix can be expected with an update of Premiere Elements 2018. But he could no date WHEN it will be solved.

The support guy ended with a phrase: "keep smiling and have a nice day". 'keep smiling' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tired waiting I managed to install Window 10. But strangely still the same issue. No audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all media cache, rename top folder the footage is in.

Make new project and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHat If I will convert my mts to mts+ mp4 and download as sound to adobe. Then add mts where sound is not readable. Will the export be overwritten with sounds? Or the file will be OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to convert files in VLC and add as audio to Adobe - will the file be OK or overwritten with extra sounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVCHD opens complete with audio, with a single drag, in Sony Vegas. From there; export 'audio only' as a clean .wav and sync it up with your silent video in PP.

You should also delete all the metadata, it just causes problems. You need nothing but the multi-gigabyte files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines