• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I tidy up Project Assets.

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a video that has over 700 assets. I then Save As to another project which I then delete around 80% of the timeline to produce a video that is essentially an extract of the original. However this still leaves the 700 assets in Project Assets. Is there anyway to remove the assets that are no longer required in the new smaller project? I'm not sure if these "redundant" assets are using space but every time I open the smaller project, it still has to process all 700 assets.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Media Assets you can sort on used. Delete un-used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann. So simple. I've never noticed the significance of the green dots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, not sure what happened but i did as you suggested and deleted all assets that had no green dot i.e. unused assets. However all remaining assets in grid view lost their images and also the preview images vanished from the timeline clips. At that point I panicked and clicked Undo. The CPU then went up to 30% which is a lot (Ryzen9) and after about one hour, all images and assets reappeared. Did I panic unnecessarily? May I also assume deleting unused assets does not affect the files which are still being used in other projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. Unused clips should not appear in or disappear from the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You misunderstood. After deleting unused clips, the used clips lost their images from the Project Assets and the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, even that should not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I also assume deleting unused assets does not affect the files which are still being used in other projects? If not then I will try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer No.

Project are totally independent of each other.

Dont delete files from the harddrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines