• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export my video to YouTube

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a music video which is 4 minutes and 2 seconds long. I've been trying to export it to YouTube but it never works. Either it acts like it is going to work and trudges along but never gets more than 10 minutes into the export. Or, when I go to YouTube first, I'm told that my video isn't the right format? And there is no way that I can find to save my video as anything else than Premiere Elements?

Do you have any recommendations?

TOPICS
Export , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export your video to a mp4 and upload manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I export my video to an mp4? There is no other option but to save it as a Premiere Elements file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't Save, you Share.

Saving saves the project file for later use.

Sharing exports the video.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/export-and-share.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my tutorial on outputting video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I do that to share to YouTube. But the blue line never progresses past 10%? And when go to YouTube and try to get my video from there, i am told it is not in the right format? Thats why i was asking how i can save the video in a format other than Adobe Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karrie,

Don't confuse project files with video files.  The most common video file is an ".MP4".  You make MP4 files by exporting or "sharing" from the project.  You didn't say what version of Premiere Elements you are using, so it may vary a bit.  On mine, you Export & Share > Devices > Computer and pick "HD 1920x1080".   You will get a chance to pick a saving location and name.   With that, you can then watch your new MP4 on you computer and then post it to YouTube using there uploading tools.   

If this is what you are doing, where are you stuck?

(Steve's training videos are very good.  There is a free 8 part series on YouTube that you should watch if you are new to video editing.)

With the project open, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing all of those things. On quick export and YouTube export I wait and wait and wait and the file never gets beyond 10% rendered. I wait all night. When I try to bring the video in while on YouTube I get this message:

"Processing abandoned"

This error message may occur if the uploaded file is shortened or invalid. It can also occur on reduced upload speeds. Try playing your video back on your device and make sure that you’re using a supported file type, then upload again. If the problem remains, try uploading your video from a different platform."

How can I save my video using a supported file type? Exporting the video from Adobe Premiere Elements 2023 doesn't give me the option to simply the save the video as anything other than Adobe Premiere Elements? And as I've said, when I try to export the process never exceeds 10% rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting the video from Adobe Premiere Elements 2023 doesn't give me the option to simply the save the video as anything other than Adobe Premiere Elements? And as I've said, when I try to export the process never exceeds 10% rendering?

By @Karrie331937336hnt

Exactly what steps are you taking to export?

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on Export and Share and go through all of the steps. Wait hours and it never renders more than 10%. How can I find the capacity for all of my hard drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I find the capacity for all of my hard drives?

By @Karrie331937336hnt

See here:

https://www.google.com/search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have 1.50 TB free. Is that enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2024 Aug 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding. 
Here's where I'm at, have made a few more changes to my music video. So, I'm rendering. Thing is, progress never exceeds 73%. Does the whole video need to have a green line on top before it can be exported?

Do I just need to hit Render over and over until that happens? What should I do when it appears to be stuck and won't progress past a certain percentage? Do I have to sit at my computer and touch the mouse each time the screen goes black?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word "render" is used too many ways.  The "render" relating to turning the bar green is different than the "render" for output.  The green bar render process updates real time preview files to make editing work well.  Output or "Export & Share" uses a different process that creates a playable file.  You don't need to "render" the timeline prior to exports.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is something I did not know. Thank you for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can tell me how to take a screen shot I will take a picture to show you all of my drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can tell me how to take a screen shot I will take a picture to show you all of my drives. 

By @Karrie331937336hnt

What operating system (Windows 10, Sonoma, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11. And you know what? The solution is something very simple. This happened to me before and I was able to fix it after reading something. And get this I wrote the fix down but deleted it🙄

For a while the video file stopped rendering. Is doing so now. I will see if I can remember the fix in the meantime. It was something like I hadn't saved my video file properly in Adobe Premiere Elements?

Thank you so much everyone for your help 🤞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karrie331937336hnt_0-1724007967837.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell if that is enough space? When I use the render button now it takes forever never finishes. Thusly, I cannot really see what my video looks like. Similarly, when I try to export to YouTube it takes forever. Never finishes.

I swear there was some simple trick I'd found months ago? Like, I hadn't saved my video file correctly or something? I will review the manual and see if I can figure it out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the problem is that the video won't render past 89%! Gets to frame 2439 of 2721 and just sits there forever even though it says only 43 seconds left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could well have something buggy going on on your timeline at around the 3 1/2 minute mark. The fact that you keep stalling at exactly the same spot seems to indicate that. Look for things like a gap in your timeline (You can't have a blank space on a Premiere Elements timeline) or some clip or effect that could be bugging things up.

If you can post a screen capture of your timeline showing the entire 4 minutes of it maybe we can see something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karrie331937336hnt_0-1724281641177.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to render. Am following all of the steps in Steve's tutorial and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 2023 book. But, something isn't working? I only goes to 10% and sits there. Swear, there was a trick I figured out when I posted a previous video to YouTube. But, of course I deleted my notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines