• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Photoshop Elements 2023 support importing iPhone HDR videos?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2020 and it does not support importing videos with HDR on.  The error I believe is the default error about the HEVC CODEC, but I have that installed that and it works corretly.  The videos play fine on my PC if I copy them over manually, but will not import through Elements.    I just want the ability to import them into my catalog and view them using the Organizer.  Does Photoshop Elements 2023 support that?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, iPhones have HDR video turned on by default.  In general, there should be no problem importing videos with HDR into the Organizer.  Elements 2023 should also have no problem importing ProRes files into the Organizer.  However, having said that, I just tried importing a ProRes video recorded @48 MP and the APD did not find it. But neither did Windows File Explorer when I tried to search the phone's drive.  (A 12 MP ProRes file imported without difficulty.)  I will continue to investigate this issue, but in the meantime, I am moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum where more expertise is likely to be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have now been able to import the 48 MP ProRes file using iPhone setting to Keep Originals for Transfer to PC. Elements 2023 can definitely handle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you asking a Photoshop Elements question in the Premiere Elements forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith, the OP is asking about importing videos into the Organizer.  The Organizer is an integral part of Premiere Elements, although some may not use it.  The OP posted in the Photoshop Elements forum and I moved it here.  Since there is no Organizer forum, and since the question is about videos, I believe the PRE experts here are best equipped to provide advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PE support prores again, but that does not mean it imports H.265. You need to buy and install the HEVC codec first. (which is refuse).

I have no knowledge about Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Returning to this after buying the product and dealing with Organizer 2023 HEIC problems, but it appears that Organizer 2023 still does not support importing iPhone videos with HDR on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont use the program so I have to answer to this.

On a side note:

Why do you want HDR. Elements cannot process it as HDR or export for that matter.

You can always ask for your money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the default setting on an iPhone.  Yes, I can turn it off.  Yes, I can turn it off on all members of my family.  Yes, I can turn it off for myself and all members of my family everytime we upgrade our iPhone.  But it's been the default setting on the most popular phone for a few years so why should I have to disable it and sometimes features aren't disabled fast enough and videos are recorded. 

I don't know if or how you use Elements, but I've been using Elements since Elements 3.0 basically just for the Organizer.   The Organizer should have literally 3 basic  functions: import my media, organize my media, and display my media.  My media is supported by my OS so Elements should have no problem importing my media and displaying my media.  Elements 2023 seems to have trouble with these basic tasks for the default format of photos and videos of the most popular phone.

If you believe I am asking too much of the product I would be happy to hear any suggestions for another Organizer type product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines