Error 176 when trying to install Premiere elements 2022

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install Premiere Elements, it don't work because of error 176 (can't be installed on a network drive). I am trying to install the program on the hardisc of my Acer laptop.  So why this error message when I am not trying to install on a network drive??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open file explorer > navigate to thisPC > right click each hard drive > click properties and check the "type" and file system..

kglad_0-1651759030735.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I checked the properties on the harddisk and  the type and filesystem said the same as in your picture. But anyway I got the same error. I also specified that that the program should be stored under "programfiles" on the hardisk.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's programfiles????

by default on 64 bit computers with 64 bit windows, there's a Program Files directory, but no programfiles.

anyway, unless you know what you're doing AND you have a good reason to change the default install location, do NOT assign a custom install location.

if you do assign a custom location, embed a screenshot of the location ala:

kglad_0-1651762771587.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AnnBens_0-1651776942477.png

Or it should say: Default Location

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines