• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with the 2023 version!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we have just downloaded the 2023 trial version into a Windows 10 computer, as it wouldn't download on our Mac Catalina anymore (sad that everything evolves so rapidly that even good machines become obsolete!). But we came across a problem, which we didn't have with the 2018 version, but also found on the 2022 trial version, which is: it won't download the sound in MTS, only in MP4, making us convert all the files, which is a bother. Is there anyone who knows why this is? How come newer versions in some respects are worse than the older ones? And it is almost impossible to contact the customer service, so this is costing me a lot of time. If the 2018 version was nott so bad, we would have just gone on using it, but it was dire, so many problems..... 

Sadly enough the two newer versions seem to have less transitions and less effects than the 2018 version, something I am not at all happy about! Not sure whether I will buy one of these or whether will just look elsewhere! We have the Final Cut Pro, which my husband loves, but which is far too complicated for a beginner like me! 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Pro to Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I not in the right forum anymore, Ann? I opened the Elements Forum before I posted my question..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these mts files contain ac3 codec it might be the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will look into that! Do you use the 2023 version and do you like it? So far I have come across problems, like lots of lengthy rendering and more. Still trying to find out whether to buy it. I do like the Artistic effects though............. but it all has to function well, or else it will not be worth my money! We have a powerful Windows 10 machine and even then it seems to run quite slow! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use Elements, there are a lot of things I do not like about the program. It drives me up the wall. I use Premiere Pro.

Only use it for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear your opinion, Ann......... and I couldn't agree more. Why they put out there software one has to pay for and is complete rubbish is beyond me! The problem is that, if I am not wrong, Premiere Pro is only available on subscriptions and I don't even make 1 video a month, or I might make one month, and then nothing for a few months. If the price was decent and just a one off payment I might give it a try. My husband is very happy with Final Cut Pro, but it is quite professional, too much for a beginner and according to him they must have developed it over a number of years and therefore added ever more functions without organizing it properly! I once looked around the effects and didn't really like them. The artistic effects on the Elements 2023 are quite good though, the software as such is rubbish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've never used Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements can be a very good video editor.

It's just that if you've ever used Premiere Pro, it's hard to go back to Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have never use the Pro version, Bob, mainly because it is on subscription I would never even consider it! I like to pay upfront and know how it will cost me and not be worrying whether I am wasting a lot of money if for a few months I can't use it. It would be different if subscriptions were very cheap, in which case it would be a good idea, just cancel if you want something else, but they are expensive, so no! I find Elements to have a lot of issues!!! 2022 is like 2018, it just doesn't need so much time consuming rendering. Both this version and 2023 only seem to accept MP4 meaning that we have to convert the sound files of even the general footage, which we are not going to use in our music video, because they won't download correctly and will be put on all the timelines at once, which is crazy! 2023 has some advantages, a number of great artistic effects, but we can't install it in Mac, as our version is now considered too old, but I had a look at it on Windows 10, powerful machine but all the rendering started all over again and I couldn't do any work at all. So, I suppose this is the end of Adobe for me! The costumer service is awful, so one shouldn't expect any help from them either! Sad, because after making my first video on the 2028 version I knew my way around a bit. But, there was a very valid reason why my husband had given up on it a couple of years ago and went for Final Cut Pro. For me it is quite a complex piece of software and therefore I was looking for something more to my level. What I don't understand is how they were selling the 2028, with so many problems meaning that we wasted our money and even the newer versions are not that good. This day and age.............................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 2028,.............................

By @Francisca57

You mean 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, pressed the wrong key, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines