Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEVC H.264 and GoPro 10 issues

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI

I use PE13 on a Win10 box with the HEVC codec installed. Of course, any HEVC video will come into PE13 as audio only (can be converted in Handbrake). I bought PE21 but I need to make blurays so I reverted to PE13. I have used a gopro 8 with the video compression set to H.264 + HEVC successfully in PE13. The gopro 8 will output H.264 on 1080 30, 1080 60, 2.7K 60, 4K 30 and 4K 60. I just bought a gopro 10 and set the compression to H.264 + HEVC and found that this gopro version will still only output HEVC only when set to 1080 24 and 1080 30 and 4K 60 but will output H.264 when set to 1080 60 and 4K 30. There is no warning that this will happen even when the video compression setting is H.264 + HEVC. I contacted gopro to inform them of this deficiency but I won't be holding my breath for their fix.

TOPICS
FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly won't see a "fix" for version 13.  But since version 2020, you can edit HEVC video at 30 fps in Premiere Elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I need to burn blurays so I can't use my PE 21. It would be nice if Adobe continued support for bluray burning in PE then I wouldn't need to be so concerned about gopro's inconsistent output (and their fix). Not looking for a fix for PE 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have version 13 for burning Blu-Rays and it works for you.  There is a solution.   

Create your project in your version 21 and output a complete, high quality MP4/H.264 intermediate video.  Open version 13 using the newly created output as the only media.  Then, burn the Blu-Ray.    If you need menus, you should be able to create them in the second project inside version 13.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's good to know if I ever mistakenly record in HEVC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines