• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change form from .MOV to mp4?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total newbie here. I downloaded a music performance onto my PC. It looked good. The moment I click and dragged it into Adobe Elements Premier it had weird shadows and looked poor. I edited and posted on Youtube. It looks horrible but sounds good. A friend said the .MOV format is to blame...should be MP4. I have no idea!!!! Here is what it looks like: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7hyskt7IEU

Please help on what format i need to convert it to and how.

Thank you,

Daniel

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Most likely, Elements 10 cannot handle the codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post comp specs, Elements version and project settings
Post screenshot of clip in mediainfo in treeview.
MediaInfo

Changing mov to mp4 is not always the answer: mov is just a container what is important is the codec inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the assist! The computer is LAPTOP-37T6U5IO, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz, 12 GB. Adobe Premier Elements 10. 

I clicked on MediaInfo and it led me to a download then led me to a fee of $10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter
Handbrake tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlvxgVREX-Y&t=34s

Converting uneditable videos into an editable format with Handbrake. If you've got any questions, please drop by our free Community Forum at Muvipix.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your friend is wrong.  YouTube has a very sophisticated upload system.  The file extensions (containers) of both "MP4" and "MOV" are among the many that are acceptable.   Something else is wrong.  In addition to Ann's request for a "Mediainfo" report, can you explain more about the source clip you downloaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help! I clicked the properties if the video and was shown this info:

Frame width: 1920

Frame Height: 1080

Data rate 24002kbps

Total bitrate 26306kbps

Frame rate 29.97 f/s

Bit rate 2304kbps

Channels 2 stereo

Sample Rate 48 k HZ

MOV file

9.93 GB

Attributes: A

For other info I will need instruction on what it is and how to get it. I recorded on a Zoom Q2n, I believe at just 1080. Like I said the file on my desktop looks great. The moment I load into into Adobe Elements Premier 10 is when is starts to degrade and look weird and shadowy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to make guesses here.   

MediaInfo does not require a payment.  It may ask for a donation.   Once installed, use it to view your file, select tree view, copy the text and past it in here.  That will display the details of the file. 

Your Zoom camera is a newer model and may have some speciality settings.   Premiere Elements version 10 predates your camera by years.  It may not be able to work with your video.   Nobody here will be able to duplicate what is happening because the software is so old.   My main guess is that the old software was written to graphics standards that are older than both your computer and camera.   But it is a guess and with more information there might be clues as how to make it work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, Elements 10 cannot handle the codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, the originator of the topic, called himself a "total newbie".  I hope he knows what "codec" means!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the help. I've gathered that my issue was a combination of computer/adobe/zoom/NOOB incompatibility issues. I found a Zoom editing app and was able to upload a video to youtube that had no issues so for now I have figured out how to accomplish my goal. I appreciate all of the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines