Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO: Insert the Degree Symbol into Text

Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another "How To" question.

Running PE 13.1 on a Windows PC with 64 bit WIN 7.

How to insert the degree symbol into text - I wish to have something like "Water temperature +2 <degree symbol>C"

where <degree symbol> is the small circle (raised).

I've found how to insert copyright (Alt+0169) & the Tilde (Alt+126) helped by Wikipedia but the Windos ciode for the degree symbol isn't shown - just the

Unicode U+2103 but Alt+2103 just inserts a "7".

HEM

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

HEM

If you got the copyright symbol © to work for you with Alt+0169, I think that Alt+0176 should get you the symbol for degree as in 32°.

Please give it a try in the Premiere Elements opened Titler and let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEM

If you got the copyright symbol © to work for you with Alt+0169, I think that Alt+0176 should get you the symbol for degree as in 32°.

Please give it a try in the Premiere Elements opened Titler and let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked at the second attempt (first try produced some sort of snowball).

1) How did you find that out?

2) I placed the cursor at the desired point within the text field & the degree symbol appeared elsewhere in the line.

Not a problen to cut & paste to where I wanted but I've seen this before with copyright & tilde symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HEM

Great news that ° worked for you.

My secret...I found it online. I had never gone looking for it before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=keyboard+shortcut+for+degree+symbol&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Please let us know if it continues to work OK. I can use that Alt + 0176 for the degree symbol if I am typing in the forum as well as in the Premiere Elements Titler (Windows 7 and 10 64 bit)...it works for me with the numeric keypad and the Alt key of the computer main keyboard.

Best wishes

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines