• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save a font preference after having chosen my style, size, and color

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my music videos, I often include a line or two of lyrics every 10 seconds or so. I first choose all my font characteristics so that they can show up against the video. However, when I get to the next part, it seems like I have to go thru the same thing of  choosing font type, size, and color. Is there a way to save my font fav's or preferences.

Thanks.

LNovik

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your question, you might try making a copy of the title within the Project Assets panel.  Then slide the new copy to the timeline and edit the text.   Do not try to make copies on the timeline itself, only in the Project Assets panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you quick reply. It's taken me a few days to try it. I'm limited by your definitions, not that they're not precise. From what you say, I'm now having an easier time doing that I want, but I'm not sure I'm doing exactly what you suggtest. First, to start adding some lyrics to my video, I'll pick the time in my video where the words begin. I then go to the "Titles" icon on the right border of the screen. I then drag it to the timeline, above my video track. Since I had to restart my program, I have to find the color, font style, and size that I want. I then write the first few lines of the song. I then copy that caption. Then, I move these captions to a space in my video view where I think these words will be seen. I then let the video play for several seconds to where I want to put in more lyrics. I trim the previous rectangular box to end where I want it to, rechoose that "Titles" function, and drag it to my new timeline. I then put my mouse in the box I see in the upper field (above the timeline) and paste the previous caption. This gives me the style, color, and size that I want. So now I just erase the words and put in new ones. The system will not remember what I copied if I close and reopen the program, but at least this is a big save during my session.

I'm not sure what you mean by Project Assets panel. I would think that is the panel on the right side of my view. However, when I write in my captions, I don't see anything being written on the right side, but only on the upper half of my main view. Hope that's clear. I wouldn't mind beng able to save my preferred font characteristics, but I don't see any way to do that. Even so, as I said, this process saves me a lot of  work. 

Thanks again.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines