• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can’t use my blue yeti microphone on Premiere Elements 11 for Mac version?!

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed my adobe premiere elements 11 on my new MacBook Pro.

Previously, I used that on my windows computer and it worked fine to do narrations with my Blue Yeti mic.

I started editing a video on the Mac this week, and when I tried to do a narration, it didn’t work.

I went to preferences, Audio hardware, Default device

and changed from MacBook Pro speakers to Yeti Stereo Microphone, which is my external microphone I used in premiere on my old Windows laptop.

The Preferences - Audio hardware window doesn’t show asio preferences (like it does on windows) for input audio. It only shows Default device.

Ive changed the default device to my yet microphone but when I open the narration window and click record, it keeps saying ”your current audio hardware selection does not have any input channels. Please use Preferences-Audio Hardware-Default Device to correct this problem”.

Is this an issue that can be solved without having to invest on another editor software?

Please, help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why your Mac isn't installing your microphone and making it available to Premiere Elements, but that's where the problem lies. In the OS. So it isn't 'fixed' in any version of the software that I'm aware of.

However, if you want to check, I'd recommend you download the free trial of version 2019 and see if narration with the mike works with it.

Newer versions of the program have got more sophisticated setting for working with USB microphones, so it's definitely worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, Steve! I might give the free version a try. I’m tossing up whether to buy Final Cut Pro X instead of investing on the 2019 of adobe Premiere again.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines