Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing audio

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I have a file that does not play any audio in premiere elements 15 but has visuals and I can see the waveform. I have tried opening in after effects and it says there is an error and to check the codec which is H.264. I have looked on line and I am guessing there is something wrong with the audio codec but I don't know. The files plays on all other video programs like media player, quicktime and VLC so it's just adobe which is being the pain.

I have also opened it in Adobe media enoder and rerendered in MP4 format but the problem presists

many thanks

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so the Rerendering in Media Encoder did work but for some reason Premiere had switched audio output away from speaker.... spooky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the only place you don't have audio is Premiere Elements, then it's merely a playback setting in the program.

Open the Preferences (under the Edit menu in Windows) and look at the Input and Output settings on the Audio Hardware page. Changing these settings will likely fix your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines