Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving files in project assets window

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created sub folder in the project assets and I am trying to move files which I already used in the timeline to this sub folder. When I cut the files I receive warning that the files will be deleted from the timeline. How do I move files I already used in the timeline between folders in the project assets window?

Amir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cutting is a deletion, even if temporary.  Try "dragging" and "dropping".   You didn't say which version you have, but that is how to do in version 15 on a PC.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, I have version 15. It works when I drag and drop. However I have clip/folder which are in sub folder, in the view I see only the content of the sub-folder. How can I copy it to the parent foder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amir_Natan  wrote

Thank you. Yes, I have version 15. It works when I drag and drop. However I have clip/folder which are in sub folder, in the view I see only the content of the sub-folder. How can I copy it to the parent foder?

I have no trouble dragging and dropping to a sub folder.  But, I'm stumped at figuring out how to put it back to the parent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you're trimming video on your timeline and then trying to drag the trimmed clips back into the Project Assets panel?

That won't work. If you want to pre-trim your video and save the trimmed clips back to your Project Assets panel, you need to switch to List View and you need to pre-trim your videos in the Clip Monitor, not on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I think the OP is simply trying to organize his assets into folders in the Project Assets area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. I'm just not understanding the question.

Can you detail the steps you're taking or post a screen shot of what you're doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti  wrote

I'm sorry. I'm just not understanding the question.

Can you detail the steps you're taking or post a screen shot of what you're doing?

I have two files in Folder 03.  I put them there by dragging and dropping.  Now that they are in Folder 03, I can't figure out how to put them back into the "parent" folder.  They are stuck in the folder!Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some kind of bug here, but you can move them out of the folder.

Go into List View and open folder.

Drag the clip to the left (a grab hand will be showing)

You wont seen anything happen but

toggle between list view and grid view and you will see the clip has been moved outside the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving outside folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

moving outside folder 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to do it is to right-click on them in Project Assets and select Cut, then go to the main directory in Project Assets and select Paste.

This process will of course remove the clip from the timeline -- but it's the only way to do it.

Although you could also choose Copy rather than Cut. Then when you Paste, you'll get a copy of the clip in your main directory -- but at least it won't delete the clip on your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines