Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No more access to premiere elements 2019

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2024 Oct 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I resently rebuilt my computer and didn't back up all my applications because I didn't find it neccessary.  That being said, premiere elements 2019 is one application I decided I wanted to reinstall.  I signed in to my account, navigated to the products page and downloaded the instal executable for that product.  Once initiating the instal, I was notified I would need to upgrade my adobe applications before installing.  

Doing some research I found that support for my version of elements (Premiere Elements 2019 ver 17) discontinued in 2021.  This was odd because I was using it up until I rebuilt my pc a month ago, and now am unable to download it.  

I am frustrated because this was advertised as a perpetual liscense agreement, and I have no need for upgrading every 3 years as they now state you must do, and no need for premiere pro.  When I purchased this application I was under the impression I would have access to it for life and was not made aware I would lose access. It worked fine for what I used it for, up until I had to reinstal it.  If I had only kept a backup of the application I would still be using it today.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2024 Oct 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll note that "rebuilding" my pc only meant I swapped everything to a new case and upgraded storage devices.  I dind't modify, update, or change any software.  Still vertually using the exact setup I was in 2019 when first purchased, and in 2023 when I last used premiere elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2024 Oct 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a perpetual license and you can use it as long as you want and it continues to work.   Adobe promised to help make it work for two years.   You can phone or text chat with paid Adobe techs during that period.  The new system says three years.   

If I owned a software company I would not try to support old products in a rapidly changing environment.   As hardware and operating systems change, I would not pay people to write code corrections to make old software fit new computing environments.  Nor would I pay new hires in the support department to learn old applications.  

On top of that, my software company would try to stay relevant and competitive by adding new features.   Some of those new features would rely on newer, faster CPUs, GPUs and RAM.  

All of that said, I'm sorry that you feel unfairly cheated.  I sincerely wish it wasn't so.    In a few weeks, the annual holiday sales will offer Premiere Elements for about $60 and it will be 'supported' for three years.  $20 a year is a bargain.   The only thing cheaper might be the basic versions of iMove or ClipChamp.  Even ClipChamp has a price if you go beyond the basics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2024 Oct 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"3 year subscription" does sound terminal.... I'm leaning toward the PSE-PE 2025 bundle. What you explained above applies to it as well does it not? IF I buy the bundle and license as usual,  and I have a backup, I can reinstall it indefinately as long as my PC or upgraded PC will run it. All I lose is the online backup and support? Thank you ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF I buy the bundle and license as usual,  and I have a backup, I can reinstall it indefinately as long as my PC or upgraded PC will run it. 

By @Hangerbum

No.

It stops working three years after you download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh to bad. Deal breaker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2024 Oct 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines