• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opaque background on text

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2023 macbook pro - I've found the shapes tab on the text workspace and assumed this would be so I could put a black rectangle behind my white text to make it more readable but every time I draw a rectangle it's on top of the text.  

How do I "page down" or change the stacking order so that the rectangle is behind the text? Also rather than black I'd like the rectangle to be 50% transparent so you can still see the video behind it.

The only way I've managed this is to put a .jpg rectangle shape on another video layer that is inbetween the text and video which is very clunky and timeconsuming.  There must be a better way to put background on text? thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

You can right-click on the rectangle in Title Adjustments and select from the Arrange menu the option to send it to the back.

But I'm not aware of a way to make that rectangle color semi-opaque rather than putting it on a separate track.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right-click on the rectangle in Title Adjustments and select from the Arrange menu the option to send it to the back.

But I'm not aware of a way to make that rectangle color semi-opaque rather than putting it on a separate track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank YOU!  Arrange was what I was looking for and I figured out the opacity.  I also found that you can't apply transparency to shapes but if I use the text menu to "add image" and add my black rectangle to the text track then I can arrange it behind the text and then use text >> transform >> opacity to make the rectangle 50% instead of putting it on a different track.  Still a little clunky but it gives me what I wanted all on one track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines