• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 10

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still using PE 10 just got new custom PC and while editing the video wont play i still have audio. its only when i scrub the actual clip the video plays.  

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok im not very computer savy were do i need to go in order to right click on the program icon? whats exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it the desktop icon. ran a test says scaling on high DPI, dont know what that is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compatibility mode might work. But there may also be components that need to be activated in version 10. And, since the program is so old, the online activation systems are no longer active.

In other words, you may well not be able to completely install 10 year old software on a new computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its already installed, something else  in this pic the video has a white square around it cant get rid of it. not sure how i did it last time but that helped.

lowgunberry13_0-1626984139491.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deselect clip and wireframe will vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deselect? you mean click on something else? cus ive tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its by design when a clip is selected a wireframe appears.

It does not show on export. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as in final movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well when im finished editing and in to the sharing/final stage of course its gone. im saying how to get rid of it when still editing the video its self. wondering if i just need to upgrade to 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>need to upgrade to 2020 version

Current version is 2021 http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 or 2021 wireframe still there. But now it's blue.

I don't know what issue you have with this wireframe, it is a most common design.

This wireframe gives you the opportunity to scale or rotate the image instead of having to use the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well until recently i didnt have to do that with the pic. but none of this is explaining why the video wont play but the audio will. like  i said i can scrub with the mouse over the timeline and both video and audio work, but clickng the play button on actuall display nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the format of the video you're editing?

As I said earlier, in older versions of the program, certain components (MPEGs and MP4s, for instance) needed to be activated by the program in order to play certain video formats. If this is a new installation of the program on a new (custom built) computer, it could be that the program hasn't activated that component because the activation site no longer exists.

This also looks like it may be a rip off a commercial video. If that is the case, there could also be copy protection at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i convet all my files to MPG. as for the copyright, if that were the case i wouldnt even be able to capture/record it in the 1st place to even put it here to filter. as for the activation thing i have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not really sure what happened but after working a little bit this morning its finally playing the video in edit timeline form now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines