• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2022 installer hangs in option window installing from DVD on win 10

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  currently have PE 2019 installed on my WIN 10 laptop. Recieved PE 2022 on a DVD as a Christmas gift, so I am attempting to install it on the same machine.  After inserting DVD, I get to the options window, the one which allows language selection, etc.. I beleive there is a 'Continue' button in this window but I am unable to access it because I am unable to resize this window.  Only option is Exit which kills the install. Do I need to uninstall PE2019 prior to installing PE 2022?  Is there something I missed?  It's only an install which would seem like a straight forward task.. 

Thanks...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't uninstall the older version.  Both will run in parallel but separately.  They do not interact.  Be cautious of opening projects in one, started in the other.  They may clash over features that have changed.  

I don't understand what you mean by, "...I am unable to access it because I am unable to resize this window. I am unable to access it because I am unable to resize this window. "

The only thing of real value in your box with disk is the serial number itself.  Do not lose it!  If the installation is not going smoothly, you can download a current installation file from Adobe servers.   To do that, go to the bottom of the sales page and get what they call the "Free Trial".   After the installation, it will ask for your serial number.   There is a possibility that it will be a fresher version than what was current when they manufactured the disc you got!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are more options in the PE 2022 installer window that I cannot access. I can change language but nothing else because I an unable to scroll the window.  Also, your suggestion to install a "Free Trial" just feels like a silution which might result in more problems.. Attached is a screen shot of my problem..

Thanks for your reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>WIN 10 laptop

What is your screen resolution?

I have a desktop with a 1920x1080 monitor and had zero problems while installing v2021 from DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here.  Start a chat and ask for help.  There is nothing in your screen shot that helps to guess what is wrong with your computer.   https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted Adobe Customer Care for help.  They asked for a serial # which was on one of the DVD sleeves. No problem with that.  Then I was asked for a 'redemption code' which was supposed to be in the box with the DVDs. There was no redemption code to be found in the box. Adobe Customer Care then told me I needed to contact the seller, Amazon, for this code.  I was told by Amazon that those boxes are sealed after DVDs and redemption code has been added.  Basically,  Amazon has nothing to do redemption codes.  Now I now have an uninstallable useless product.  Remember this was a Christmas gift,  my plan is to mail it back to the giver so she can return it to Amazon.  I could send Amazon proof of purchase to Customer Care but that option was never suggested.   I will be purchasing another film editor but it will not be from Adobe..

Thanks to everyone who tried to help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines