• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE10 - Nvidia Video Card Driver Roll Back

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately there have been numerous reports of Premiere Elements 10 display problems characterized by NVIDIA video cards whose drivers were up to date. The resolution to the issue is presenting as rolling back the driver instead of updating it.

So now the list of those hit with the NVIDIA video card driver issue include

Joas Jose Gois (Johnnymaxx)

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 660 ti

320.40 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

FHS

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 430

March 2013 worked; not the latest.

bcstaat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.40 worked; not the latest.

Mcasman

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 580

May 2013 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

Gregory A

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.49 worked; not the latest

HatBat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 640

320.49 worked; not the latest

If you are not on this list, please let us know. I have tried to keep track for troubleshooting purposes, but may have missed someone. If you are a Premiere Elements 10 users with NVIDIA video card and display and related issues exist, please consider the above information.

Thanks.

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 128 Replies 128
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another report for Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5929603

Chris (Awmg)

Premiere Elements 10, NVIDIA video card GeForce GTX 660ti. Video card driver version roll back that worked was from 331.65 to 320.49.

Thanks Chris.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening with Premiere Elements 11 and rolling back the drivers to 320.49 does NOT work.

Clicking on the monitor window allows me to view the frame, and I can advance the frames one at a time and view them, but when I select 'Play' I just get a blank screen.     Audio is fine.

I'm running NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240,

Win7 64-Bit OS;

2.93 gigahertz Intel Core i7 870;

12 GB RAM;

Board: Dell Inc. 0G3HR7 A00 Serial Number: ..CN736040BU01GG. Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: Dell Inc. A05 07/08/2010;

ASUS VE276 [Monitor] (27.2"vis, s/n B1LMTF048504, January 2011).

NOTE: SAME FILE AND SOFTWARE work fine on roommate's GTX550 using Premiere Elements 10 with drivers from Jan 18 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookbrowser74

Thanks for the report about your Premiere Elements 11 NVIDIA video card situation.

But, to date, the issue of this particular thread Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card targets specifically the Premiere Elements 10 user running Premiere Elements 10 on a computer with a NVIDIA video card.

I have not seen another version of Premiere Elements involved in this situation where the NVIDIA video card version roll back is the fix for an assortment of display problems.

I will check back to your own thread to update the troubleshooting.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m all the way back to drivers from Feb 2013 314.07 and still have the problem, so I guess I am well and truly screwed. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Nvidia card is GeForce GTX550Ti and i had to go back to 2-29-12 Ver. 8.17.12.9610 to get it to work again in PreEl 10 and 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genesmachine

Thanks for the report. Very helpful to all in this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver situation.

Special thanks for the news that Premiere Elements 11 as well as 10 was similarly affected. Again very helpful.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2013 Dec 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomas.ossowicki

I just saw your post 31 in this thread.

Are you a Premiere Elements 10 user whose computer uses a NVIDIA video card, in your case NVIDIA GeForce GTX570?

If so, did you also have to roll back the video card driver version in order to get Premiere Elements 10 to display and perform propertly?

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on?

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 Pro 64. I cant solve this, I have tryed everything!

Adobe or NVIDIA have to solve this problem, now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go back to your link... the one I posted in #33

Neither Adobe or nVidia is going to solve this for a two version old program... at least not NOW

Back in your other message you need to provide your nVidia driver version... I will tell you how over there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomas.ossowicki

I was not aware of your own thread on the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issue until John T. Smith pointed to it in post 33 of the thread that we are in now.

To expedite matters, I would encourage you to contact NVIDIA. Reports have been posted here that NVIDIA has helped some with this issue. Give it a try.

Like the others in this situation, I suspect that if you roll back the driver far enough, there will be a resolution. If you are having problems with details of the roll back, NVIDIA would have that information and possibly additional suggestions to get you moving forward on this matter.

Please le t us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received from SJHarris101 (Steve, Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card user), report of success with identifying the best NVIDIA video card driver in the roll back for his particular situation.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5978786#5978786

Excerpt....

Success, I think

I had a chance to go back and test some older drivers.  The preview screen is now working properly.  When playing a video in the viewer (upper left screen) I get both audio and video.

System:

Dell XPS 8500

GT 640 Video Card

Windows 8.1, 64 bit OS

Driver that works:  320.49 (1 July 2013).  You can find this driver at:  http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us.

This is actually a Windows 8 driver.  The 8.1 drivers I tested exhibited the following problems in Adobe Premiere Elements 10:

1. Audio only when previewing a video.

2. Audio only when attempting to play a video from the time-line.

3. If I applied an edit to the time-line video (Brightness/Contrast) or used Video Merge, it would work.  However, that is no way to build a timelapse using thousands of pictures.

4. Occasionally I would notice a memory error when shutting down the computer.

Switching to the oldest Windows 8 GT 640 driver (310.19) cleared the error.  But also crashed during the rendering of 1100 photos.

The oldest Windows 8.1 driver (326.19) has the same problem as the most current (331.82) drivers, as listed above.

I'll do more testing, but look like the GT 640 320.49 driver is the best solution as of Jan 3, 2014. 

SJHarris101

Thank you Steve for this helpful report.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following nVidea GTX 770M Driver versions did NOT resolve the issue:

• ver. 331.82      November 19, 2013     [original version when I began testing on January 6, 2014.

NOTE: This driver that was delivered with my initial build.]

• ver. 331.65      October 28, 2013
  • ver. 331.58      October 21, 2013
  • ver. 331.40      September 30, 2013    [Beta – Incompatible for 64bit OS]
  • ver. 331.23      September 19, 2013    [Incompatible for 64bit OS]

NOTE: An updated driver – ver. 332.21 became available today (January 7, 2013). That, too, was NOT successful in resolving the issue.

My System:

ASUS G759JX Notebook PC

Processor:                   Intel Core i7-4700HQ Quad Core - 2.4GHZ-3.40GHZ; 6M Cache

Graphics/Video Card    nVidea GeForce GTX 770M 3GB GDDR5

RAM:                           16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz 1.35V

Primary HD:                 250GB Solid State Drive [OS; Apps; AppData]

Secondary HD:            1TB 5400rpm Hard Disk Drive [DATA]

NAS:                            Western Digital My Book World Edition II 2TB (1TB mirrored) [Media]

Software:                     Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Version: 10.0 (20110902.Mo|11.B123.280463)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Djdimauro

Thanks for posting that very helpful information.

I will check into that and your Premiere Elements 10 issues in the morning.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another case to report where rolling back the NVIDIA video card driver version seems to have resolved the Premiere Elements 10 issue.

Dave0518

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5991496

NVIDIA 6T610M

roll back to 310.90 Jan 5, 2013 worked

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card roll back fix

puom4

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5993757#5993757

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 670

(320.18 from 23.05.2013)

Thanks puom4 for the follow up details which will be helpful to all.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent report of Premiere Elements 10 user with NVIDIA video card  and display issues

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1400581?tstart=0

ANDRE

Geforce GTX550 Ti with driver 332.21

rolled that driver version back to "2011" and now all is working.

Thanks ANDRE for the report.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today the ID Philchen has reported success with

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX570 rolled back to driver version 320.49.

Thanks Philchen. Great contribution.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1405022?tstart=0

Post 12

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR,

You've done a great job keeping tabs on the NVIDIA-PE10 problem and you can include me in on the victims list.

One thing that would be helpful in knowing: what have all these folks done about it? Have they bailed from PE 10 and upgraded to PE 12 or bailed Adobe altogether and gone to PowerDirector or some other editing program?

As for me answering my own question in this regard (should it matter to you or anybody) I played around with PowerDirector Ultra v12 for several hours tonight... and in fairness maybe I should have done so for much, much longer, but as a Premiere Elements user since PE 2, the decision to bail from 10 in favor of 12 was pretty easy.

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kellybellis:

I've been a PreEl user since PreEl3 but have balied to PowerDirector12 for a number of reasons:

1) the Nividia problem

2) multi camera capability

3) in PreEl 11 they took away the ability to undock the monitor window so it could be in a second monitor like it was able to be done in PreEl 10

PD12 is taking some getting used to compared to PreEl but i will work with it to see if it is as good as PreEl is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gene,

Best wishes with PD12. It looks like it has great potential... though I just uninstalled the 30-day free trial version of PD12 Ultra since B&H is already shipping PE12.

Back on topic:

NVIDIA update.JPG

Regardless of whether or not this morning's fresh driver update has any impact on the problem that has plagued all the NVIDIA users working in PE10 - for nearly a year! - I took the opportunity to send them feedback - see the little link in the lower right corner in the screen capture above? They've been informed that the results of further tests will be shared in this thread.

Something is amiss, the download completed and the Express installation of the driver has stalled... going on 20 minutes now. - stay tuned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... that was strange, it hanging for so long, powered down, rebooted, and the drivers seemed installed:

NVIDIA update 2.JPG

Okay, so how about PE10...

Nope. Sorry folks, the clip is still not being displayed in the 'Monitor' portion of the PE10 interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post Note - Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 9:33 PM, VKB

Previous issues involving PE10 and up-to-date NVIDIA drivers have apparently been resolved with PE12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelly,

Thanks for the positive note that the Premiere Elements 10 NIVIDIA card syndrome is absent in Premiere Elements 12 NVIDIA.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines