• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 won't open at all on my laptop?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the program from online and installed it after some figuring out. I had to re-download and re-install it after the program would not open when I would click on the desk top icon (and the option for elements in my Windows Start list). It still will not start no matter what I do. There's no virus, no message popping up to tell me what's wrong. Simply nothing happens. I need this program both for school and my job and would appreciate some input if anyone has any answers or has experienced the same thing. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try following:

1. Remove Cyber link Power Director

2. Try installing application from a different Admin account on same computer.

3. If problem persist then try steps in following tech-note it is for Light room however for this issue trouble shooting steps are same:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00007b.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!!!!

Lets be clear from the start - I know very little about computers and all of the above is jibberish to me, but I have tried to follow it without success.

From what I have found, iLivid seems to be the source of the problem (pressuming you have iLivid installed) It has corrupted some .dll files?! (whatever that means)

Download 2 dll files from here...

http://www.ge.tt/#!/7mU2JJS/v/0

Unzip them and save them in the Premiere Elements folder

Job done. Works for me anyway.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I would let you know that nothing has worked.

On a side note I bought the Student/ Teacher version and have sent off my details to get the serial number on Nov 8th and have not heard anything since. Not that the program works anyway......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe is saying through that link is that it is not a problem with their product(s). But the fact remains that the error does manifest in scenarios that Adobe presents through its software. It is a Microsoft issue, and only an OS repair installation OR a complete reinstallation will fix it for sure. "Large_Donkey" shared a link with some files in it for download; that have worked for him. The files there are Microsoft Run time libraries, to confirm that this is indeed an MS issue.

So I suggest you download them and paste into C:\Windows\System32 folder see if they help you in any way. That is where I understand they are looked for (from what I have read) by other software as well. No harm trying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG it worked, Thank you Large_Donkey and VDO surfer. It is a miracle............. Now just need the serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the very same frustrating problem and do have iLivid installed so want to try your cure!  I also find most of the above is beyond my skill level!  Your solution sounds fairly easy.  I have downloaded the file you suggest but don't know how to unzip it - I seem to be told I need to buy Winzip of Stuffit.  What did you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Winrar

For 32-bit Windows - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar420.exe

For 64-bit Windows - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-420.exe

It is free and extracts and compresses very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much - it worked a treat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooooo much Large_Donkey - all working well!  All I have to do is master the software now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you sorted it Pete, I really can't take credit for the solution though, I just happened to stumble across it and posted it up here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I had the same problem, and this helped. Turned out I needed to sign in with adobe ID and accept terms/conditions - a window that I wasn't able to get to until I did what you said. 🙂 Appreciate you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to those who offered suggestions on this and other threads. I tried to install Premiere Elements 11 from the DVD purchased through Amazon and was receiving the same bloody 0xc000007b error. Tried the tips above as well as those on other threads and websites. Hitting the computer didn't work either. Here's what did work for me.

1. Downloaded and installed Steve P. Miller's free Dependency Walker program (google it) and opened the Adobe Premiere Elements 11.exe file in it. Dependency Walker showed a couple of dependency problems.
  2. Dependency Problem 1: IEShims.dll was missing. Found it in the Internet Explorer directory and copied it over to the Windows/System32 folder. Dependency error went away but 0xc000007b error still happened when I tried to open the program.
  3. Dependency Problem 2: DCIMAN32.dll was running in 32 bit mode and creating an error. Found another thread on the Adobe Forums that offered a suggestion.
  4. In Windows 7, clicked Start button, opened Accessories folder, right-clicked on Command Prompt, selected Run as Administrator.
  5. Typed 'sfc /scannow' in the command prompt.
  6. Received a message saying, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."
  7. Tried to open Premiere Elements 11 again and it worked!

Moral of the story: the 0xc000007b error is a generic one and you need something like Dependency Walker to figure out the specific issue that you are having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Googling that error code?

Here's a solution.

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120609012929AAe93pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, the same error.  I have tried every step on this thread without any luck and I've also spent 4.5 hours with Adobe tech support, watching them while they took over my computer remotely and tried everything under the sun to fix this, then they gave up.  The program works fine on my Win7 64bit laptop, but not my desktop which is where I do all my video and photo editing. The last thing the Adobe tech guy said was that it was a Microsoft problem and that I need to reinstall Windows.   I have the original disk that came with my desktop, I'm just loathe to try that unless it's the absolute last resort.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the steps in this article: http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0xc000007b,

did not fix things, then it might come down to a wipe, and total insall of the OS.

I have not run across any different fixes or tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a $ charge for using the repair program in your link.  I've tried a few free registry repair programs (the highly rated programs on CNET) but none of them fixed the problem.  I hate to buy this program and have it not work.  Is this the only one that will work, in your opinion?  I also looked at 'system restore' but there were no restore points saved.  I'm backing up my hard drive now and will try a 'windows repair', and if that doesn't work (and if you don't have any other registry repair software suggestions) I guess I will have to reinstall windows.  Argh!  Or, alternatively, use my laptop for  editing video.  Either solution is a pain in the patooty though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never encountered that error, so have not had to fix it. I only found that link in several messages concerning the error.

I cannot help with which program(s) might, or might not be effective.

Sorry, and maybe someone else has experiences, that will help you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just in case anyone else has the same problem....

I registered my copy of ErrorEnd, thinnking that it would be worth the $30 not to have to reinstall windows but unfortunately the program didn't fix the problem, I still get the same error.  So now I am down to the last resort, reinstalling windows 7 (now what did I do with the CDs that came with this computer....??)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AngelaH100,

"You need to reinstall Windows" is a tech's go-to answer to a lot of problems (right after, "have you tried turning it off and on?") since it's difficult to prove that it is not a Windows issue and it gets you off of the phone. If your issue is a dependency one or if it's due to a bad driver, then the issue will likely just return. Before going with the nuclear option, you can try the steps that I detailed earlier just to see if it's a dependency issue using that freeware program.

These generic errors are a royal "pain in the patooty" even for those of us who make a living writing code for Windows machines. It may be worth it to find a local tech who really, really (really) understands the steps to investigate the causes of generic errors. Tip: get them to give you an upfront bid rather than an hourly one since these types of things can take days to correct.

Let us know how it goes or if reinstalling Windows did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2013 Feb 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first off I managed to contact customer service for ErrorEnd, the registry repair program that is mentioned in a few articles when you google this problem.  I successfully got a refund for the software, which had not solved the problem even wtih the help of the program support people.  Before wiping & reinstalling Windows, I tried installing the dll files one more time.  The first time, I downloaded the zip file then extracted to the Premiere Elements folder but this time I noticed later that the dll files were actually zipped within a folder, so it unzipped the file but the dll files were now within a new folder under the Elements folder.  This time I made sure that they went directly to the Elements folder and were not in a subfolder and wouldn't you know... it worked!

So the solution stated in this thread does work.  I needed the WinRar unzip software that someone in this thread mentioned and also to be sure to unzip so the files so they are not within a subfolder in the the Elements folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 64 bit. The suggestion to copy the 5 dlls (mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcr100_clr400.dll) to the system32 folder did not help.  I had to copy them to the Adobe Premiere Elements folder. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this error by adding msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll to the premier elements folder.  The program now opens and runs successfully.  I used HP Support advisor to locate the problem and correct.  This was after much frustration searching forums and the web to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a iMac and all my adobe software just got up and broke.. it all worked perfectly before.. really annoyed i paid out for these software that don't give you free updates making their buyer waste their money. I contacted adobe and all they said was "your adobe 11 softwares are outdated, please buy the latest versions if you wish to use them again"... I don't wonna pay out again? I only just  bought all this last year... I get why people use Utorrents now, not worth paying just to be scammed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines