• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2022 crashes Mac when playing clip MacOS Monterey 12.03. PE 2021 works fine

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Premiere Elements 2022. While playing a clip of any length, my iMac Pro crashes. On reboot, the crash report normally says No MacOS data available. On rare occasions, I do get a crash report that lists Elements.app as what was being loaded.

Fortunately, there is a workaround. Through Enter Time Machine, I was able to go back a month in my Applications folder, locate Premiere Elements 2021 and reinstall. This is working fine, thank goodness.

I did find one Diagnostic report but cannot attach it so I copied and pasted it into a .rtf file.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that was fast. Thanks to suggestions elsewhere here, I went to this link and opened a Support chat:

AutoOpen support chat 

Because I was logged in, the tech was able to look me up. He suggested that I run the Uninstaller: /Application/Adobe Premiere Elements 2022/Support Files/Uninstall Adobe Premiere Elements 2022 

then download and reinstall from this link instead of through my account:

Premiere Elements Downloads 

I reloaded the files that gave me grief last night. Not everything worked at first but it didn't crash either. After a Save/Quit/Restart and reload previous file, everything was good — much more responsive than anything from last night.

Not discarding Elements 2021 just yet to be on the safe side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines