• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2024 wont export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got Premiere Elements 2024 and when I try to export to an mp4 file the video is black no matter what format I choose for computer or tv 4k or HD.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to help but that is not nearly enough information to work with.    I'll start with writing that Premiere Elements, in any version, exports reliably.   That means we need to dig a bit to find the issue and it will probably be something to do with your computer. 

What is the source of the video?  What are the computer specs?  What are the project settings?  What are the output settings?  Can you provide screen shots?   How and with what are you trying to view your finished video?  Can you test a simple one clip project and output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Bill, please open a sample of your source footage in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy that text and paste it to this forum. With this detailed report we can better diagnose why the program isn't digesting your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and Bill,

Thank you for your willingness to help!

Steve I could not get the MediaInfo to work, but I hope the following will begin to answer your questions.

I am running windows 10 on a 6yr old HP Spectre notebook model 15-df0043dx.

Thank you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested , please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Handbrake to convert to constant frame rate before importing into Premiere Pro:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Shutter Encoder may also be used to convert to Constant Frame Rate:
https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still guessing, but I think there might be three possibilties.  

1.  The source video is not compatable.  To figure that out a sample or readout from MediaInfo is needed.  

2.  The graphics driver for the computer doesn't match the needs of Premiere Elements.  More information about the graphics system on your computer is needed.

3.  Some of the preference setting are wrong or need changing.  Can you provide a screen shot of the General Preferences page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bill,

Here are some more screen shots that I think you are asking for.  As for MediaInfo I could not figure out how to make that work.  The source media are jpgs and mp4s taken with Samsung Galaxy phones s22 and s33 models.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill and Steve,

I figured out media Info thanks to youtube.
Attached is the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the file.

By @rickm1956

That screenshot shows Variable Frame Rate.

Please see the previous suggestions for converting to Constant Frame Rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a  jpg and mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an original of the MP4 that won't work in the program or an edited version? It won't do many any good to spec out the video if it's not the same video you're editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is one of the videos in my movie/slideshow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got a variable frame rate in your video but beyond that nothing that should choke the program.

What if you do a test project with nothing in it but a half dozen photos. Can you output from it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve and Bill, 

Thank you so much,  I followed your suggestion to do a short movie with a few jpgs, worked great.  I changed the video setting on my phone turning off the Auto frame rate, took a short video and added it to the test project and it worked also.  My next step is to see if I can get my variable rate videos taken on our trip converted to contant rate.

Thank you all so very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My next step is to see if I can get my variable rate videos taken on our trip converted to contant rate."

There is a (free) program called Handbrake that does that very well.   Steve has a tutorial on that:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Steve put me on to that.  Downloading now.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve there are 2 new new 4k outputs in Handbrake.  Which one do you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my tutorial on how to output video for use in Premiere Elements, Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this was very helpful.

Do you have a suggestion on handbrake about the 4k output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience, it outputs at the same resolution as its source video.

Although I've never tested that with 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines