• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 9 : no sound with .mts files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a bit of a problem getting my mts/avchd files to work with PE9. I imported the files using the organiser, and they play fine (video AND audio) from the organiser, but when I import the clips into PE9, only video is imported. There's no audio track and (logically?) no audio to be heard. How do I fix this?

Mind, these .mts files play fine in both the organiser AND windows 7. They're created on a Canon HF100 camcorder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

The trial version of the PROGRAM itself is fully functional. However, some of the third-party components are not, unfortunately. These include some MPEG and AVCHD components.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnny,

You said it very well. Adobe does license modules, that handle certain things. For instance, in the trial version, Adobe does not get billed for these, as they are not able to be activated. Similar happens in PrPro's trial w/ the MainConcept MPEG CODEC. That, and everything related to it, is deactivated, and cannot be activated, until on plugs in the S/N for the full-paid version, and then manually Activates. The difference is only in how things are handled - with PrE, there is automatic activation on-line, and then Adobe pays the licensing fee. In PrPro, the various modules are there, but the activation comes when one has plugged in the S/N and then Activated, either on-line, or via phone. In PrPro, much more is deactivated, than in PrE. Until recently, PrE had everything working, and only a banner was added. PrPro is considering doing something closer to what PrE has always done with the trial - a banner/watermark.

As more formats are added, there are more companies, that Adobe must enter into a licensing agreement with. These agreements may well differ, so their use might also differ.

Pinnacle has always done it this way. With their Plus (or similar), one gets tons of Effects and Transitions (nearly the entire possible library), but most are not activated - just some. The others are there to experiment with, but are watermarked, until the user buys those, either on-line, or over the phone. In my last version, I think that I had about 15 unlock keys, that had been purchased over the years.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point I'm going to lock up this thread.

It's four months old and 75 posts long.

Please feel free to start a new topic if you would like to discuss this topic further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines