• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previously-Saved Project Will Not Launch

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to open one of my Premiere Elements projects, it will not launch. It seems like the last few times I've tried, it's taken more and more tries to get it to launch, and now I can't seem to get it to launch at all.

When I click on the desktop icon for my project, the Premiere Elements program pops up immediately, then the "Load Project" window. It loads pretty quickly for the most part, but then hesitates a little once it reaches 100%. When the "Load Project" window goes away, I'm left with a blank Premiere Elements project that's frozen. I can't click any buttons or X out, and instead of the name I saved the project with, the default project name "my new video project_6" is at the top. I've actually saved other backup copies of this project in the past, but I can't get those to open, either -- same problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 and Windows 11.

Also, today I installed an update to Premiere Elements. It took a few tries and kept referring to "Error Code 131." Not sure if that has anything to do with my project not launching -- I had been having launch problems before installing this update, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 is still a work in progress. But that's no excuse for the program not installing.

But do you have any other Adobe programs running in the background when you're trying to install or open the program -- particularly Photoshop Elements or any of the Creative Cloud?

Open your Task Manager and make sure this is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion!

Well, according to the Task Manager, I've got few "Adobe" things going on the background:

Adobe Dynamic Link Manager 12

Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service (32 bit)

Adobe Genuine Software Service (32 bit)

But, no, I don't have anything like Photoshop Elements or Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 11 is newer than Premiere Elements 2021 so I will assume that your Windows 11 came as an update after the Premiere Elements installation.  If that is true, my choice would be to un-install Premiere Elements and then re-install it with a fresh installation file from Adobe.   That should reset any system parameters that are appropriate.  It will not change any of your project files or assets.  

My second choice would be to seek help from Adobe techs through an online chat at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines