• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Burn to Disc

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used my camcorder for three or four years, but have now finished making a film of a holiday and done everything as on previous occasions and was planning to burn it to a DVD as before. My version is Adobe Premiere Elements 7. Unfortunately when I click "Share" and then click "Disc" the little blue circle rotates for several seconds and then the Adobe programme crashes completely. I have tried several times, but the end is always the same. Any ideas helpful, please!

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Premiere Elements 7 on a computer and operating system that matches in age?  If not, there is the likely possibility that there are conflicts that may be impossible to resolve.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, whsprague, for your reply. I have checked and the last video I burned to a DVD was after a holiday in 2016. I have checked and I did get a new computer later that year in November 2016.

I am not very well up on technological matters, but going to the “System” page of the Control Panel, my computer spec. reads:

Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 – 6500CPU@3.20GHz 3.19GHz
Installed Memory 4.00GB
64 bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Is that helpful towards diagnosing the problem?
If there are conflicts that make the problem impossible to resolve, do you see any way forward in exporting the completed 40 minute video to some other place to make it burnable to a DVD, or would I need to do it all over again on a computer that would allow me to burn to a DVD. Ultimately, I would like to make copies for others who shared the holiday with me?
Is the fact that I bought my Adobe Premiere Elements 7 back in 2007 and it is now 13 years old a problem?
Again, any advice you could give will be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output to the best quality format you can.  Then get a DVD burning program.  One that is free is ImgBurn.  Another is WinX DVD Author.   Premiere Elements 7 is from 2008 which might be Windows Vista years.  That's too far back to expect anything to work reliably.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for those suggestions. I think you are right – I’m pretty sure that most, if not all of my videos were make when I had Windows Vista. I did have ImgBurn on my previous computer and found it useful. My only question with this, however, would be whether after clicking “Share” I would have to then click “Disc” and that is the point at which Adobe crashes. Sorry to be a bit dense, but I’m not sure at which point ImgBurn might be useful. I’m thinking that it may be best to buy Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 and, by going back to square one, start editing my recent holiday film from the very beginning. Any thoughts appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines