• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove background?

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Elements 2024 on an iMac.  I want to remove the background in a clip so I can then take a still photo of a green screen and put it on a video track behind the subject that remained after the background removal.  Then I can apply Videomerge on the green screen and use a new background on another clip.  Can the background of a clip be removed?  To replace the background, am I doing it the long way as described above?  In other words, is there a way to replace a background without using a green screen intermediate step as I described above?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than Videomerge, there is no way to remove the background of a clip in Premiere Elements. And to use Videomerge, you need a smooth, evenly colored background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Steve.  By the way, I purchased the Amazon Kindle version of your book, "The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 2024".  I look forward to reading it cover to cover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that with rotoscoping ( a tedious process) in After Effects.

https://www.google.com/search?q=helpx+after+effects+remove+background&sca_esv=595369570&rlz=1C1CHBF_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peru Bob.  I keep reading good things about Atter Effects.  Now if I can just get permission from my wife to buy it..... Nah, ain't gonna happen.  ðŸ˜œðŸ˜œ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you can remove the background by using a mask from Opacity (pentool).

If the subject is moving, use the tracking feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Ann Bens, I will look into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines