• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering RTX 3070 supported ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MSI notebook has an i7-11800H processor and a nvidea RTX3070 graphics card running Windows 10. Does anyone know if Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 supports rendering with the RTX3070 ?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on this statement that the RTX3070 is supported, I purchased the latest version of Adobe Premiere Elements. I can now write that off as a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as (MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

my new version of Premiere Elements 2021 has just arrived. After installation the RTX3070 is not recognized. I am loading the NVIDEA Studio driver you recommended and will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your NVIDEA driver version was for a desktop PC. I needed the notebook version. With the driver "471.11-notebook-win10-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql" the RTX3070 was recognized. 

I am a bit disappointed with the export behavior of Premiere Elements. A DJI Mavic Pro video of 8 min. ( H.264, 3840x2160, 60Mbps ) takes more than 11minutes to export in UHD. The CPU is only used for 20%-23%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

i saw in Adobe Premiere Elements use of GPU acceleration OpenCL and thought the RTX3070 was meant.
However, it is only the Intel internal GPU , which has significantly less performance than the RTX3070.
Adobe Premiere Elements always uses the GPU built into the Intel processor.
I have also installed the latest nvidea Studio driver (from nvidea webpage) with no improvement.
Older nvidea drivers are not supported by my Windows.
Therefore my problem is not solved yet.
The program : "\Adobe Premiere Elements 2021\GPUSniffer" correctly finds two GPUs,
but it always uses the Intel GPU.
With please support, so that the RTZX3070 is used for rendering .

Output of the program GPUSniffer:

GPUSniffer testing 254
Initializing GPU Tech:
Try CUDA: 1
Try OpenCL: 1
Try Metal: 1
Try Vulkan: 1
KernelLoadAction: 0
UseOpenGLContext: 0000000000000000
UseDeviceContext: 0000000000000000
UseD3D11Context: 0000000000000000
CUDA system device count: 1
Found CUDA device index: 0 Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
No capability restrictions detected - adding device to list
OpenCL system device count: 2
Found OpenCL device Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU supportsSSG: 0
Skipping nVidia OpenCL device
Found OpenCL device Name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics supportsSSG: 0
No capability restrictions detected - adding device to list
Finished gpu initialization in 0 ms
--- OpenGL Info ---
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 471.11 471.11
GLSL Version: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Monitors: 1
Monitor 0 properties -
Size: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
Max texture size: 32768
Supports non-power of two: 1
Shaders 444: 1
Shaders 422: 1
Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---
Found 2 devices supporting GPU computation.
CUDA Device 0 -
Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Vendor: NVIDIA
Capability: 8.6
Driver: 11.4
Total Video Memory: 8192MB
OpenCL Device 1 -
Name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Vendor: Intel
Capability: 3
Driver: 3
Total Video Memory: 6434MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about Premiere Pro, but you may need to Use BIOS https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/quot-could-not-find-any-capable-video-play-modules-quot-... to select a display adapter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John,

disabling the Intel internal GPU in the BIOS cannot be a solution. The laptop is built so that the applications determine which GPU is used and there is no way to set the Intel GPU as secondary or switch off in the BIOS.
The freeware video editing program VSDC Free Video Editor is even able to use my RTX3070 for rendering. See screenshot. I can't believe that a long optimized program like Adobe Premiere Elements is not able to do that.

vcsd.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NVIDIA card is only used for GPU acceleration (rendering) in the timeline not for export.

Export is done on the Intel gpu or cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the default settings, the Intel UHD GPU is displayed for rendering. When I render in Preview, neither the RTX GPU nor the Intel GPU is used.
Here are two screenshots.

Adobe-prem.PNGrendern.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry should have said: playback not rendering.

You can playback GPU accelerated effects and transitions in real time without rendering them.

Guessing rendering as in making preview is still done on the cpu.

Dont see my nvida gpu do anything while rendering (you do need a yellow/red bar for rendering).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am mega disappointed with Adobe Premiere Elements. All the answers in the forum were not helpful. No reply was received to an e-mail sent to AdobeCareHelp@outlook.com.

After more than 10 years of using Premiere, I will now switch to Vegas Media Studio 17.  A comparison of the exact same video work Vegas is more than 55% faster in exporting / rendering than Premiere and directly uses my nvidea RTX 3070.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That email address is NOT Adobe... Adobe only uses @Deleted User for email, and does not do support via email anyway

I don't know who has that outlook email address, but be VERY CAREFUL of scammers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received the following email from the community:

adobe.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't reply. It's a scam.

I've reported it to Adobe staff.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you opened your NVidia control panel and set Premiere Elements to use the NVidia GPU ? Do that in NVidia's control panel - 3D settings > Manage 3D settings>Program Settings. Steer to the application and set it to always use the NVidia GPU. Don't worry about this being labelled "3D", it is about sending processing instructions to the correct GPU.

This is a necessary step in several applications on laptops where both an integrated Intel and dedicated Nvidia GPU are used together. For both games and creative applications, the NVidia should be doing the heavy processing and the Intel handling the actual display which remains connected to that Intel GPU. On simple office applications then the Intel does everything in order to conserve the battery.  Switching should be automatic but sometimes is not - hence the option to force it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was one of the first things i did even before i made the first entry in the community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new notebook was the second with Intel GPU and nvidia GPU. Therefore, I knew this approach for some time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem - it was worth re-iterating in case anyone else comes across the thread who is not aware.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

possibly I have found the problem. The Premiere log says:

Ticks = 5032 <9676> <MZ::Utilities> <5> Card added to AllCards: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU#30.0.14.7111
Ticks = 5032 <9676> <MZ::Utilities> <5> Current device does not present in GPU name map = NVIDIA:NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Ticks = 5032 <9676> <MZ::Utilities> <5> Found a device that is not in Allowlist = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

can i customize the GPU name map ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the corresponding files.

No matter how I enter the "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU", I always get the error: "Unable to match windows cards to current device info = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU To NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU" and
"A device was found that is not included in the Allowlist = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU."

GPUmap.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Mobile instead of Laptop gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it work.

In the file "allowlisted_cards" the entry "NVIDIA#NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU#" must be made.

In the file "allowlisted_cards" the entry "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070#NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU#" must be made.

Then the RTX 3070 appears in the global settings.

BUT, the export takes even longer than with the Intel GPU ( the RTX 3070 is only slightly loaded ). Much longer than with VEGAS

premiere_rtx_ok.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines