• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

restore elements21

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reistalled elements to a new windows c drive.  I did a full restored to a New Location with the Restore Original Folder Structure. This was a mistake.  After paying closer attention to the instructions, I now believe I should have restored to the Origional Location.  How can I reverse the restore I did and re-do it to the origional location?  As I under stand the instructions I can place "My catalog"  on any drive I want.  Is that correct?

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Ok, I was able to contact Adobe Customer Care via chat and we were making great progress when the battery in my wifi connect key board died.  So, we were disconnected.  Knowing this customer support sent me this email.  Now it took a few days to carry out these instruction but they were exactly what I need  to solve my problem.  Here is what they sent and now my case is closed.

Your Adobe Case ADB-24304028-V8P7

Dear William,

Thanks for contacting Adobe. We were disconnected before we could confirm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements what?

When you post a question you always need to tell the program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the FULL name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opps! Sorry Its Adobe Premiere Elements 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall.

Then reinstall from your disc or downloaded installation file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.  I reinstalled APE 2021 and the only option was to find a catalog.  There was no option to restore from backup.  Now all photos and catalog structure are on the C:drive and not the D:drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since reinstalling didn't work is there a way to move My Catalog and photos from C:drive back to the D:drive where they were originally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the install of APE2021 on a new Cdrive, I had options to restore from backup.  When I uninstalled APE2021 and reinstalled the options were only to link to my catalog,no options to restore from backup.  Sorry about the sequence of responses.  I have no option to edit.  

OK, so i guess my question is how do I remove the catalog and photos from my c drive and  restore them on my d drive?  It appears that if your are restoring to a new c drive there are more options than if you are restoring to a d drive on the same computer.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I was able to contact Adobe Customer Care via chat and we were making great progress when the battery in my wifi connect key board died.  So, we were disconnected.  Knowing this customer support sent me this email.  Now it took a few days to carry out these instruction but they were exactly what I need  to solve my problem.  Here is what they sent and now my case is closed.

Your Adobe Case ADB-24304028-V8P7

Dear William,

Thanks for contacting Adobe. We were disconnected before we could confirm things further. We have left your case opened for moving your Catalog and Photos to a new Drive on the same PC . We would like to ensure it works well for you.  

As discussed, we suggested the following steps -  

1 – Moving of Photos  - Copy/Move the Parent Folder of your Photos and Media to the new location.  

2 – Reconnecting the moved files to the Catalog - Open the Elements Organizer, it will show files as missing - (By default, Elements Organizer automatically tries to reconnect missing and renamed files as it encounters them. Files with the same name, modification date, and size as the missing files are used to reconnect them to the catalog.) - So, when the Reconnect Missing Files dialog box opens, click Browse. Navigate to the location in your computer containing the missing files (the new location where you moved the Parent Folder itself to the new drive – that location), then Select all the missing files in the Reconnect Missing Files dialog box and click on Reconnect. 

3 – Moving the Catalog file -  In Elements Organizer, choose File > Catalog. Select the name of your catalog, then click Move and provide the new location for it.  

If you face any challenge or needs our assistance, Please contact us back via Chat or Phone: 1-800-833-6687 (Mon – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM, PST) so that we can provide you the assistance you would need.  

Alternatively, we can schedule a callback as well. Please provide your phone number, time-zone and a time-frame for the callback as per Mon – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM, PST. 

Thanks for working with us, 

Adobe Customer Care  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines