• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony Digital 8 Videocamera not found

New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased Premiere Elements in 2022. When I try to capture video from my Sony Digital 8 Videocamera, this is  not  found and does not appear in the capture device options . It only shows wdm as  capture device option (which I do not have) and no webcam or other device. I have set the videocamera both in player and Camera mode but with none of them it works. No device found. The videocamera is connected to my Win 11  64b PC via Firewire and it is found  without any problems by other softwares such as Vlc and Cyberlink Power Director.  What could be the reason  ? I checked whether any update was vaailable in Premiere Elements but could not find any . My version is Adobe Premiere Elememts 2022 - Version 20.0 . Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Capture was removed from Premiere Elements in version 14 and on.

You can use these programs for capture:

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture was removed from Premiere Elements in version 14 and on.

You can use these programs for capture:

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob HDVsplit only works with hdv cameras. D8 is a SD camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. You claim  Capture has been removed since version 14, but I have found  following  related to 2022:  https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/getting-started/capture-video.html  .  How about that ? It  indicates that Capture  from DV (which is meant for Digital 8, too)  or else should be possible and in the main menu of the program  I have there is indeed the options for capturing, but  the videocamera  is not found.  Anyway, I know the softwares you indicated  and use them regularly although my favorite one for capturing   is Cyberlink POwer Director. I only wanted to test if Premiere Elements would offer   more options or additional features which are not in the other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You claim  Capture has been removed since version 14, but I have found  following  related to 2022:  https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/getting-started/capture-video.html  .  How about that ?

By @Luigi22688881iuhe

That page is out of date.  It was meant for versions 11, 12, and 13.

This is the correct page, updated May 10, 2023:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/removed-features-formats-elements.html

Features removed in earlier versions 

The following features have been removed in Adobe Premiere Elements:  

• DV capture
  • HDV capture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I see that there are still work arounds methods for capturing ,
though. Are they still effective ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great , Thank you, will try in the next couple of days . Have a nice day or
afternoon or evening whereever you are 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use http://www.scenalyzer.com/ and it works well, do change the default Fat32 to NTFS setting
-I have NOT used the scene detect function in scenalyzer, so don't know how well it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines