• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SONY DVR Model cx440 not seen by Premiere ver 19

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import video from my new Sony DVR model CX440 via the multi port on the DVR via USB cable  (cable came with camera) directly to the desktop computer, running Win 11 64 Bit. Premiere 19 does not see the camera, none listed on screen when I select IMPORT from Camera, WHY?

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Here's how to do it with the camcorder. Look about 2:30 into this tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@graywolf72, I have moved your post to the Premiere Elements forum from the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, my bad Greg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/paste files from camera to hdd first, then import into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Ann, thank you for your reply. I spend a very frustrating day yesterday getting nowhere.  The tiny little manual that came with the DVR is not very good at all, too mnay open areas to try to figure out what are the settings etc.

With that in mind, I have never tried to COPy video to my HDD, the older mini tape Camera always worked fine to video import to programs. What is the best way to copy/import video to my HDD as I have never done this method and at age 83 confusion reigns supreme at times. I bow to your expertise Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how to do it with the camcorder. Look about 2:30 into this tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good into Steve. I was finally able to get the import to PE 19 by selecting what program I wanted to use to import from camera when my PC first detected the turned ON camera. I selected Photoelements and low and behold PE 19 screen opened and an Import screen appeared and I was able to import the video and sound OK, Thank you for your help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mini dv camera is quite different from a digital camare.

You connect your camera to the computer. Open Explorer. Navigate to the usb drive (as in camera) and copy entire content to a dedicated AV drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I see online, Ann, this is an AVCHD camcorder. Or at the very least an MP4 camcorder that connects via USB. So it should transfer files as in my tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but I dont like using Elements to transfer files, just to be on the save side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. But nonetheless is does work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has the capability build in to delete original files................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, I am always very careful to never check the box to delete anything off my cameras when importing until I have them backed up on external HDD, AND CD/DVD and flash drives. Extra careful at age 83 because our memory is not that of people under 40 even though we think it is at times LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera is a Sony DVR model CX440 Digital HD Video Camera Recorder. My older Sony was a mini Tape Cassette Video Camera. I am so ancient Ann that I owned an RCA setup that had a seperate recorder, and a seperate camera, two big boxes to carry around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can beat that. My oldest camera shoots Super 8 movies!

But, yes, I do remember when miniDV tape was groundbreaking technology. But that was a lot of technology ago.

BTW, graywolf, I think what's confusing is that you keep referring to your camcorder and a DVR. Unless we're talking about two different pieces with the same name, the Sony CX440 is actually a flash drive camcorder called the Sony HDR-CX440 Handycam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve, both names are on the cover page of the Sony manual that came with the camera. The top of the page  says: Digital HD Video Camera Recorder, and at the bottom of the page it says Handycam. The side of the camera says: HD AVCH D Progressive, and over further it says : Handycam. I guess the product manager didn't know what to print on the face page of the users manual. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines