• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial Watermark still present on purchased Premiere Elements 2021

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am making a project using Premiere Elements 2021 which I purchased on July 10, 2021.  For some reason, everytime I open the program, the following pop up appears asking me to sign in.  I follow the instructions by entering the serial number I received when I purchased the product, which I accessed from my account. 

1000002991.jpg

After doing this, the pop up dissappears, and I'm able to run the program like normal.  But unfortunately, when I edit a project, the watermark that says "created using Premiere Elements trial version" still appears on the display screen as shown below.  I have tried a couple of suggestions I found saying to deleting rendered files and re-render the project, as well as cleaning media cache files.  Neither of these solutions seem to work.  I am hoping I can get another solution to get rid of the watermark.  It shouldn't be showing up after I put in the serial number.  And the pop up prompting me to enter my serial number shouldn't be showing up everytime I open the program since I have already purchased it and have been using it for 2 years.  Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000002992.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reinstalling  Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually deleting the rendered files does it. Go to the folder where your project(s) is stored. Delete the folder called Adobe Premiere Elements Video Previews and then clear your cache.

Are you also seeing it in projects you've started since activated the program with the serial number? If so, something is definitely wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both those solutions, but neither fixed the problem.  The watermark is still there when starting a new project.  I should mention that a little while back, the video editor wouldn't open and kept bringing up a pop up asking me to sign in.  Even when I did so and put in the serial number, it wouldn't open.  Activating the trial version was the only way to open the editor, but it expired several days ago.  I can still use the editor like normal, but the sign in pop up keeps showing up and the watermark is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you still haven't activated the product.

Try right-clicking on the program to launch it and select Run as Administrator, then put in the serial number. Start a new project once it's been fully activated and see if you still see the watermark on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing still happens.  Here's a video I took of everything that happens when I open up the software.  I want to know if there's anything I'm doing wrong.  The problem has to have something to do with me constantly needing to put in my serial number to activate it whenever I open the editor.  It didn't used to do that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really sounds like the program isn't activating. You tried my Run as Administrator trick before you activated the program and that didn't work? Hmm. Always works for me.

Try this. Go to C:User/[USERNAME}/AppData/Local/Adobe and delete the OOBE folder (or change it's name to OOBEold).  Then relaunch the program and activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000003039.jpg

I tried to send a video but I don't think it sent.  Basically, this is the serial number I copy and paste.  Maybe there's something wrong with it.  I'll try you're suggestion first and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said.  It had me sign in and I put in the serial number.  Still shows the watermark.  I don't know what the deal is and why the serial number isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did the serial number stick this time? Have you stopped getting nag screens to activate the product?

If so, then removing the watermark is simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  The screen still comes up unfortunately.  Am I gonna need a new serial number or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd contact Adobe Customer Care via chat. They may be able to figure out why things aren't activating.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  I really appreciate your patience and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news!  I did what Adobe Customer Care said to do and the watermark is gone now!  Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share what they suggested, Tyler? It might help someone else in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details about support:

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

or X (was Twitter):
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please delete the folders given below:

SLStore

ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Adobe PCD

Windows 32 bit: Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\

Windows 64 bit: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ Adobe PCD\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines