Trying to install Elements 10 on new computer

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install old version on new computer and getting this error:

Driver: PxHIpa64.sys 

When I click on learn more, this is what I get:

You are receiving this message because the Memory Integrity setting in Windows Security is preventing a driver from loading on your device

I am afraid to turn off the Integrity Setting due to the risk and not really sure how to see if there is a newer driver.

Unfortunately I have a very large file that I could not burn to a disk or multiple disks with version 10.  I worked on this about 6 years ago and it has sat ever since.  

I want to install the old version so I can bring it up to remember how I created the video and then maybe recreate it in a new version of Elements, but I have to see it first.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, does anyone know if Elements 24 has the ability to burn to a thumb drive?  I couldn't find the answer when trying to research.

HP laptop, Windows 11 64 bit

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2024 can of course create MP4s for a thumb drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.   Is the "very large file" a playable video or a PrE Version 10 project file?  "Burning" has to do with plastic discs and nothing to do with putting video on a thumb drive.   It it is a playable video, simply copy it to the thumbdrive.   

If it is a project, it will be hard to solve this.  Software as old as Version 10 was never made to run well on Windows 11.  You can't load old project files on new versions of Premiere Elements.   

Can you describe what your "very large file" is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I received same message when installing a photoshop element 17, which was originally in an old computer where I had uninstalled it, into my new computer. My new computer is with 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700 2.10 GHz, and Windows 11. It doesn't have hard drive though. The installation can not be completed. Anybody can give me a suggestion how to deal with it?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I received same message when installing a photoshop element 17, which was originally in an old computer where I had uninstalled it, into my new computer. My new computer is with 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700 2.10 GHz, and Windows 11. It doesn't have hard drive though. The installation can not be completed. Anybody can give me a suggestion how to deal with it?

Thanks!!

By @guang37939379o7my

I assume that by "hard drive" you mean the type that accepts the plastic disc you recieved when you bought the software.  I don't know of any reliable way to get an istallation file on old software.   One choice is to buy a DVD drive that plugs into a USB port.  Checking Amazon, they are available for about $20.   Another is to buy a current version from Adobe whee the installation file is downloaded to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines