• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to preview video in Premiere Elements

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm brand new to Adobe Premiere Elements and am just getting started creating a movie. I promise I'm not a dummy. I've used many different video editing programs in the past and they're all basically similar and straight forward. My problem is after adding a couple video and audio files to my timeline, I can't preview how the movie looks. I click on Play and nothing happens in the preview window. I can drag the marker line and see the video changing frames but again nothing happens when I hit Play. I even selected Render although I thought it would be ridiculous to have to do that every time I made a change before previewing. Am I missing something simple cause this doesn't make sense?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Think I just figured it out. I went to Audio Hardware and changed the Default Input to No Input. Now as far as I can tell everything seems to be working. Haven't been able to do much with this program yet so we'll see as I continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but solved it by changing driver for the sound card! Edit, Preferences,Sound unit (or something simular).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Avigator,

Please try below mentioned steps and check if it resolve your issue.

1. Click on Edit> Preferences> General

2. Click on Use Harwdware Acceleration check box

3. Save the project (CTRL+S)

4. Close Premiere Elements

5. Relaunch the app and try playback.

Thanks,

Sagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I solved the problem by changing driver for the soundcard. I have an external ASIO soundcard. I was focused on video, not sound. Now everything seems to work fine. Nice programme!

Lars

Please do not quote the original message when replying by email, and turn off your signature block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lars,

If the problem is resolved, then please mark this discussion as 'Answered'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to Edit, Preferences, and un-clicked then re-clicked Hardware Acceleration check box. Now when I select Play in my preview window the video will play but there is no audio. I've gone to settings and tried changing the Audio Hardware Default Output but no matter what I select it says (Not Working). I have no problem with audio with any other programs on my laptop. This is getting very frustrating and starting to feel like I wasted my money on Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think I just figured it out. I went to Audio Hardware and changed the Default Input to No Input. Now as far as I can tell everything seems to be working. Haven't been able to do much with this program yet so we'll see as I continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines