• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Write to Verbatim +R DL DVDs

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere Elements 12.1 on an iMac running macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.  I have successfully created a number of 2 hour DVDs with Memorex +R DL DVDs using the highest quality option.  I recently ran out of those and purchased Verbatim +R DL DVDs and get "unknown error 2130932483" every time I try to use one.  I have tried to create 15 minute and 2 hour DVDs but all fail.

Does anyone know what part of my overall configuration is causing this problem?  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Well, as it turns out, the Verbatim DLs work on a Windows PC where I have Pinnacle, and the Memorex DLs work on my Mac where I have Premiere Elements.  So I can work on either one, depending on the movie I am creating, and get a DL disc to work.

Thanks for your input.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your disc drive may not like those discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be the case, but I bought 50 of them and I'm not sure I can take them back.  The burner is a Mac USB device with no markings.  Not sure the model.  It's at least 5 years old.  Any idea how to check what disc requirements it might have that Verbatim would not have?

Someone told me to burn to a folder first and then to the disc.  I've never done that.  Would you know the steps?  I thought it might be worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Someone told me to burn to a folder first and then to the disc."

That is a good suggestion.

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/mac-app-store/help/sharing-dvd-or-blu-ray.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, as it turns out, the Verbatim DLs work on a Windows PC where I have Pinnacle, and the Memorex DLs work on my Mac where I have Premiere Elements.  So I can work on either one, depending on the movie I am creating, and get a DL disc to work.

Thanks for your input.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines